Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
porkchpexprs

Default A Couple Trading/Giving-Related Questions

The rules aren't explicit, but it seems safe to assume that you can only give items away at a time when you could trade them. In other words, not in combat. For example, if I offer someone something in exchange for their help, I have to wait until after combat to actually give it to them. Is this correct?

Also, I have a question about getting rid of a second big item that can no longer be carried because one has lost the ability to. The rules say that you must "correct" the problem immediately or get rid of the extra big item either by selling or simply giving it to the lowest level player if you can't. What about trading? If I have to immediately get rid of a big item I can no longer carry, and I'm not in combat, can I trade it away?
porkchpexprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: A Couple Trading/Giving-Related Questions

You are correct. Giving away an Item is no different than trading it for nothing in return, so you can't do it while you are in combat, or the other player is in combat. Also, you can trade your extra Big Item in that circumstance, but if no one is willing to trade, then you're stuck with selling it or giving it to the lowest Level player who can take it. The main issue that we're concerned with is making sure that you get rid of it in a legal way before you end up having to discard it.

A useful addition: You can't play a second Big Item to put yourself in this situation. You have to come by it by having lost whatever allowed you the extra Big Item(s) in the first place. That doesn't mean, however, that you couldn't be a Dwarf, play an extra Big Item from your hand, then discard your Dwarf Race to force yourself into that situation, but now I'm giving away the farm. . . ;-)
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-24-2013 at 12:32 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote