Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #181
DarkForce

Default Re: Meta: LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Would there be any interest in a star wars game where the roles were reversed?

Like the Empire is the Good guys and the Jedi are the bad?

Or a star wars game were set back in the old republic where players can go dark side? (AKA Start light side but fall to the darkside)

Or a game where Players Are straight up dark siders.
DarkForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #182
Flyndaran
Untagged

Getting an evil campaign to work requires first answering the question of why should the party trust and work together.
Sounds like it has the potential for a very interesting game.

I imagine playing a Dark Jedi with an atypical set of powers. I'm sure healing has the power to assist some very nasty actions. Evil is about how one uses abilities more than what those abilities are.

Last edited by Flyndaran; 01-15-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #183
LemmingLord

I have an interest.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:50 PM   #184
Sindri

It has a thread, but in case anyone is subscribed to this thread, I'm checking to see how much interest there would be in a game of Mafia on the forums. It's not a RPG (though the moderator generally posts flavour text for fun) but a game about a small group of players who know their teammates and a larger group of players who don't competing about whether they can conceal or discover the identities of the smaller group while the small group secretly kills people at night and everyone votes to lynch someone at day.

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=132558
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #185
zoncxs

Hero Academy

50 something years ago people started to develop powers, at first it was scary, most did not know what to do and resorted to violence. it was during this time that a few of them rose up to protect others, we call them heroes.

The world has changed a lot, more and more people are born with powers, having them manifest at around the age of 4. 20 years ago a group of heroes along with the government founded a school. Its goal was to educate gifted people with how to use their powers.

most schools adopted a lot of the curriculum from the Hero Academy to help young kids understand what they can do, it is not until that are 13 that they can apply to go to the hero academy.

You all applied! and got accepted!

--------------------------------------------

checking to see if anyone is interested in starting a light supers game where you are all barely teenagers going to a superhero high school. The Idea is based on my new favorite Manga "Boku no Hero Academia"
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #186
Flyndaran
Untagged

4 sounds dangerously young to develop superhuman abilities. Any particular reason for that age?
(I technically drowned my brother when I was around 2. Thankfully, my momentarily distracted uncle knew CPR. But that's without powers.)
Old 04-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #187
Totem

Quote:
It is a time of relative peace in the galaxy. The GALACTIC REPUBLIC is celebrating a time of prosperity three hundred years before the troubles of the Empire and the Death Star. But even in this prosperous time,
In the Aurelan Sub-Sector, word has reached the Jedi Enclave on Kobiwal of an auction of ancient artefacts. The background of these artefacts is unclear, but rumour has it that some of them may be related to the Jedi or Sith Orders. Master Torkuran has commissioned the Jedi Investigator Jorge Garner to look into this matter, and the Investigator in turn has requested the assistance of others.
Those others now assemble on Kobiwal...

Game Notes
Genre: Star Wars
Activities Planned: Jedi Stuff (diplomacy, investigation, maybe some fighting)
Supplement materials: GURPS Basic Set will be the only requirement. Previous experience with Star Wars RPG materials will assist with providing equipment. GURPS Space, and Spaceships may be of some use. GURPS Powers will be of use for modifiers for equipment and abilities.
Plot: There will be an ongoing plot (or several lines of plot in fact). Given the role that players will be taking on, they will not be expected to keep track of the major plotlines, but situational plot-awareness will be important (decisions will be made based on player/ character understanding of the situation).
Power Level: Players have 150+50 points available. Additional points will be awarded at the end of missions based on degree of success and role playing.
House Rules: See notes below.
Style: This game will be held to a reasonably serious level. While there will be dark and gritty moments for the most part it will be aiming for a realistic level of seriousness; there will be moments of humour as well as dark ones. While players will be endangered this is intended to be ultimately survivable.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #188
Skullcrusher

Where do we post our character concepts for your star wars game?

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:46 AM   #189
tHEhERETIC

In Nomine: The Pacific War is looking for another player or few for its third act. The story can take one of two very different directions (or more, depending on your character concept and our creativity).

The plot as it stands: The cold war between angels and demons is rapidly heating up. There's been an open attack on the angelic tether at Pohang, South Korea. There have been skirmishes in and around Los Angeles, which was solidly a demon town but is now a Renegade town making it possible to slip it out of Hell's hands. The ethereals. especially the Loa and the Aesir have been very active. Somebody among all those players wants to jumpstart Armageddon, and it is up to the PCs to find out who, and how and whether to stop it.

Demons won't work unless they're recently redeemed or essentially reformed Renegades, and then they aren't demons are they?

Mortals/soldiers/sorcerers would tip the plot into that direction, and that's cool.

Angels should preferably be from the militant or purity factions (Michael, Dominic, Laurence, Janus, David) though we've done really well with a Creation Malakite until the player's schedule got the best of him. We have a party full of mostly reasonable folk and it would be nice to have a little contrast there.

Pace is PbP glacial, and Real Life Comes First. Still, the GM's sanity rests on a bit of escape once in awhile, and sanity is real life isn't it?
Old 05-03-2015, 07:13 AM   #190
LemmingLord

FreedomForce free form superhero role playing is in its infancy and is recruiting.