Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
vierasmarius

Default Re: Need help statting an attack modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus Wagner View Post
"Limited use" is the limitation you're mitigating, so I'd halve the value of that and call it a day.
Agreed. gcj8 broke it down nicely above. Resorting to Energy Reserves for this situation is likely to end up more expensive than the un-limited advantage.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Derago

Default Re: Need help statting an attack modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Well, 15 points is about as cheap as you can legally make a 24 point energy reserve, which is the best way to have limited uses per day, while still allowing for a special recharge. If 15 points is too expensive for PCs using a 6d crushing attack, what else is on the character and what's your points budget?
The 15 points isn't too expensive. I gave the PCs thier innate attacks (another can shoot fire), and have been playing it as 24 dicce per day anyway. I just wanted to find a way to put it on the character sheets in a RAW way. Using the energy reserve method has the nice benefit of letting the characters buy extra ER without increasing attack damage. I put them at 6d so that the attack is between that done by an assault rifle and that done by a battle rifle.

I'm not certain if I'll using a special recharge or just have it recharge at a rate of x per hour.
Derago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rule, innate attack