Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #11
Steven Marsh

Default Re: Pyramid #3/103: Setbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Erratum: The second sentence of the description of Long-Term Stability Points (LSP) on p4 is identical to the third sentence. You aren't supposed to test these rules on the editor!
I'm sorry; I'm not seeing the problem... can you be more specific? I'm sorry; I'm not seeing the problem... can you be more specific?

But seriously, this is on my radar. I'm waiting a few days to see if any more gremlins snuck in (so that I'm only pushing out one immediate update), but we'll get this fixed real soon. Thanks for pointing it out!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #12
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Marsh View Post
I'm waiting a few days to see if any more gremlins snuck in (so that I'm only pushing out one immediate update), but we'll get this fixed real soon. Thanks for pointing it out!
You're welcome; I wouldn't bother reporting these things to a publisher with lower standards.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
Tyneras

Fun issue all around.

Mad as Bones
I'll need to go compare it to GURPS Horror, later, but it feels fun. Embracing your disadvantages as a way to reduce stress is inspired! Adds a new dimension to picking disadvantages.

Monster's Minions
Not much to say other than I am always in favor of having more pre-made fodder to throw at (or ally to) the players.

Spaceship Malfunctions
Love it, love it, love it. I want to start up a new space campaign now.

Silk Road
I, uh, haven't gotten Silk Road yet. *cough* >.>
But it did get my imagination alive with possible new worldlines, trods and dimensional highways.

Complications in a Certain World
Setbacks as an exchange is a good way to frame it. I also tend to keep the stakes low, so there is an "after" if the villain wins to be active in. I don't like "You lose, world over." scenarios, since the end of everything tends to include the end of any emotional investment in the consequences.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #14
benz72

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Yeah, one of the nice things about Pyramid is that we can experiment with weird bonus content that wouldn't fit anywhere else, like giant maps and spreadsheets.
Or perhaps article appropriate Cardboard Hero graphics suitable for printing and playing with whatever new NPCs, items, small vehicles, &c. are described in the text?

Pretty please?
Old 05-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #15
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Silk Road
I, uh, haven't gotten Silk Road yet. *cough* >.>
Well, while the primary reason we release Designer's Notes is, of course, to broaden the content for those who have the supplement, it's no secret that one of the secondary reasons is to entice those still on-the-fence into deciding "It Must Be Mine!!" And if not, then at least you still get a nice history lesson, pretty map, and some fantasy critters out of it.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #16
Railstar

What are people’s opinions on the Monster’s Minions? I’m considering buying it just for the Monster Minions (the madness, spaceship and Silk Road sections aren’t really things I’d use), so any information that would help me make a more informed choice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #17
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Well, while the primary reason we release Designer's Notes is, of course, to broaden the content for those who have the supplement, it's no secret that one of the secondary reasons is to entice those still on-the-fence into deciding "It Must Be Mine!!"
Which it should, since it is guaranteed to make you 50% smarter and 125% sexier [1].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railstar View Post
What are people’s opinions on the Monster’s Minions? I’m considering buying it just for the Monster Minions (the madness, spaceship and Silk Road sections aren’t really things I’d use), so any information that would help me make a more informed choice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If you run a Monster Hunters campaign or just something in that style, I think you'll find it pretty useful. It's got a range of NPCs who might operate somewhere in the orbit of major monsters. Not just a bunch of faceless 50 point cultists, but things like corrupt officials, people who make deals with monsters, potential victims, gang bangers, and so on. It'd have some further utility in a range of modern-ish campaigns (say, GURPS Action where fairly normal people are nevertheless up to no good.

1. Offer void where prohibited and everywhere else.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:26 AM   #18
Tyneras

Random idea for Mad as Bones: In a sci-fi game a justification (if you need one) for crazy AIs and keeping meat-brains realavant is any sapient AI (or even low-sapient AI) is subject to SP loss. I'm looking at Sustained Mental Exertion causing a few robot rebellions.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #19
Railstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
Which it should, since it is guaranteed to make you 50% smarter and 125% sexier [1].

If you run a Monster Hunters campaign or just something in that style, I think you'll find it pretty useful. It's got a range of NPCs who might operate somewhere in the orbit of major monsters. Not just a bunch of faceless 50 point cultists, but things like corrupt officials, people who make deals with monsters, potential victims, gang bangers, and so on. It'd have some further utility in a range of modern-ish campaigns (say, GURPS Action where fairly normal people are nevertheless up to no good.

1. Offer void where prohibited and everywhere else.
Thanks! I'll make sure to buy it when I'm somewhere I trust the internet connection a bit more.
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #20
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Random idea for Mad as Bones: In a sci-fi game a justification (if you need one) for crazy AIs and keeping meat-brains realavant is any sapient AI (or even low-sapient AI) is subject to SP loss. I'm looking at Sustained Mental Exertion causing a few robot rebellions.
That's a pretty cool idea. "I'm sorry PC, I can't let you do that."

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyramid, pyramid 3/103