Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-22-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
Drath3n

Default My western game,..just wanted to share.

Well,just wrapped up the 2nd session of my western game,I am a newb GM and new at GURPS. But it is going better than hoped. The players,who are new to GURPS as well,are loving it! We are getting better at rules but the main thing is we are having fun. The last session one of the players commented that GURPS really gets the adrenaline pumping. I told him a lot of it comes from the fact that one or two good shots from an enemy is deadly and there is no resurrection spells in the 1880s :D
Just thought I would share,still got a touch of that post game GM buzz lingering and felt chatty :D
Drath3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #2
Arith Winterfell

Default Re: My western game,..just wanted to share.

Well as a relatively new GM to GURPS myself, congratulations about your successful games and excited players! :)

It's actually nice to hear the experiences of fellow GMs and players with GURPS.
Arith Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:21 AM   #3
Dalillama

I'm running a Western Horror game atm, always happy to compare notes :)
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:14 AM   #4
Tomsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drath3n View Post
Well,just wrapped up the 2nd session of my western game,I am a newb GM and new at GURPS. But it is going better than hoped. The players,who are new to GURPS as well,are loving it! We are getting better at rules but the main thing is we are having fun. The last session one of the players commented that GURPS really gets the adrenaline pumping. I told him a lot of it comes from the fact that one or two good shots from an enemy is deadly and there is no resurrection spells in the 1880s :D
Yep concentrates the mind alright!

Quote:
Just thought I would share,still got a touch of that post game GM buzz lingering and felt chatty :D
Great to hear you're having fun and it's going well, especially as both you and your players are new, good luck with it!

Last edited by Tomsdad; 04-24-2016 at 02:52 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #5
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Well,just wrapped up the 2nd session of my western game,I am a newb GM and new at GURPS. But it is going better than hoped. The players,who are new to GURPS as well,are loving it! We are getting better at rules but the main thing is we are having fun.
You've made a good choice of a first campaign, with a setting that GURPS does well and simply. Have fun!
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #6
Lucian

Welcome, an old west game sounds awesome.

I'm New too, only been running GURPS for a few months, and even though we're in a medieval setting COmbat is definitely deadly.

Ill be posting my Game world up here very soon.
I am a web developer (or Want to be one) and ive built a website for the game that covers everything about it and how to run it.

Complete with pre developed and tested house rules, Maps, Monster Index, Races/ cultures/ and other goodies.

But since im a free style gamer, I leave everything very open ended so any GM can just take the situation and develop adventures out of it.

My players seem to enjoy it so far
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Drath3n

Ya,one thing I have to work on a little as a GM is being "ready" for the players left field ideas. Like right out of the chute,my first game and my first GMing they decide to open fire on the 20 or so bad guys who were there to have a "show of force" and I was like,oh <bleep> no :D
Old 04-24-2016, 02:08 AM   #8
Boomerang

Played lots of Old West games but never ran one. Always wanted to do Old West with a twist, maybe something like Old West mixed with Horror and or Steampunk.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:29 AM   #9
Drath3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Played lots of Old West games but never ran one. Always wanted to do Old West with a twist, maybe something like Old West mixed with Horror and or Steampunk.
Here is an Idea I had but wanted to go with a straight western, but like Shadowrun where the "fantasy world" advanced to a scifi future,why not a fantasy Western with elf gunslingers ,Orc Road Agents and the town sheriff is a halfling. It was going to be a world where magic was all but dead though there would be some magic just a rare find.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
Tom H.

Quote:
...still got a touch of that post game GM buzz lingering and felt chatty :D
I like how you expressed that. It reminds me of when staying up late to finish a fun, interesting game with friends. If I try to end the game at say 2 AM to get to bed, it is inevitably 4 AM before I can wind down and stop evaluating everything.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote