Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Old 05-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #131
Racer

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Seems to be another bug : couldn't mount 6 Spaces of Dropped Weaponry Back on an non Streamlined , Unsloped Luxury ? Got the ⅓ Illegal design message . To get it to work , I had to change it to a Van , mount the 6 Spaces Back ( & Under ) , then change back to Lux . No problem then . Just a minor thing but irritating for others who haven't worked a way around .

Would being a Gas Engined vehicle somehow effect this ?
Old 05-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #132
ammulder

What were the weapons and any accessories on them (mags, armor, concealment, whatever)?
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #133
Racer

Minedropper Back with 4 Magazines - 6 Spaces .
At first wouldn't let me have more than 3 mags - no Component Armour or Concealment . Same mounted Under , but then would let me mount only 2 Mags !

Plenty of Spaces left ( Driver = 2 , Gas Engine+Tank & IFE = 4 , so 13 spaces left . )

As posted , changed it to Van on the 'Body Basics' page , added the Mags I wanted , changed it back to a Luxury & changed it back to a 4 Wheeled Chassis and it worked then . As stated I think it was a bug , but I did find it extremely odd ... 8-\
Old 05-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #134
Racer

Another bug : while building a 40' Bus , builder won't let me have Component Armor on HDOJ mounted Underbody Back ???

Get 'only one weapon or set of linked weapons can be Component Armoured per location' message . But this was THE ONLY weapon on the vehicle so far !!!!

Really not pleased , as I wanted to post my '10 Wheel Toaster' design for Saturday game ...
Old 05-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #135
josephrey

Location: on the road!! check out www.chingchingwong.com to see where we currently are. :)

Wow, ammulder is doing this for free, in their spare time.

Take it down a notch, please.
josephrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #136
Racer

Sorry didn't mean anything by it #oops .

Just got incredibly frustrated as I spent about 35 minutes building said Bus & then the Spanner gets thrown in ...

I was angry at the situation rather than at the actual builder or Ammulder of course .

"Computer says No" messages are a Pet Hate of mine & I couldn't do a workaround like I did on the last problem ...
Old 05-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #137
ammulder

Racer, it is clear that I need to enlist you as my QA department. :)
Old 05-31-2017, 09:40 AM   #138
Racer

Well I am often available ...
;-)

Couple of other things spotted :

Can't find Retractable Wheel guards on the Builder ? They WERE there as 'Hideaway 2010' has them , but only way I could get them is by modify one of those two entries .

Also according to UACFH , Side Doors should be 50lbs rather than the 500lbs from VG1 , DCW , CWC etc . Makes sense as an Assault Ramp is only 100lbs - otherwise a One Man Helicopter would use up 10% of it's 5,000lb take off weight just to get a DOOR ???
Think there was an extra 0 added & no one noticed a mistake for years ( Steelbelted Tires DP mistake CWC *cough , cough* ) , but glad page 85 of UACFH finally corrects this .
Old 06-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #139
Racer

Another classic mistake is that you have FP Plasticore Tires - there's no such thing !

The BASIC Plasticore Tire is 4 DPs of FIREPROOF Rubber around a 21 DP core of FIREPROOF Plastic Vehicle Armour .

It's thus redundant to have FP Plasticores . The 'standard rubber' term in the description means 'ordinary/everyday rubber' rather than 'Standard' as in 'Standard Plastic Armour' - the wording is incredibly vague .
Page 2 of 12 off the online errata sheet 'Other Dueling Questions' clarifies this .

I'll try and find a link .

[EDIT] Steve Jackson websites 2.3 Version hasn't got it , but the 2.6 Version has :

http://www.esglabs.com/spark/downloads/odq2_6.html

Sure that there was a ADQ&A about it but my copies are at home & I'm not ...

Last edited by Racer; 06-08-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #140
ammulder

Maybe we can get @Magesmiley to chime on on the Plasticore issue.

In general, I'm not that keen on enforcing the ODQ rulings. Many of them seem to be more "this is how I plan to run my games" as opposed to "this is an official ruling you just didn't notice," and it's not always obvious where that line is.

In particular, the text for Plasticore tires (in both CWC and UACFH) specifically designates the inner core as fireproof, and does not take the opportunity to designate the outer rubber as fireproof. It even says the outside is "standard rubber," where all other tires made of (presumably) standard rubber are not fireproof. And then the description goes on to enumerate all the tire modifiers that cannot be applied to Plasticore tires, and fireproofing is not included in that list. Bottom line, it's not obvious to me that the rules support the ODQ interpretation.

If you turn up an ADQ&A, I'd find that more compelling. :)