Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 AM   #381
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

First, a friend pointed me at "Johnny Be Fair" as a song to teach the students. The poor dears won't know what hit 'em.

Avoiding packing/paring, and so updated the page that contains descriptions of the jars. Relatively brainless to me, as it was basically transcribing from the notebooks. Read it as you like, but stuff you shouldn't see is under a de facto fnord.

Here
Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #382
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
First, a friend pointed me at "Johnny Be Fair" as a song to teach the students. The poor dears won't know what hit 'em.

Avoiding packing/paring, and so updated the page that contains descriptions of the jars. Relatively brainless to me, as it was basically transcribing from the notebooks. Read it as you like, but stuff you shouldn't see is under a de facto fnord.

Here
Hope everything is going well for you! Happy holidays and warm thoughts being sent your way
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #383
tHEhERETIC

Just when I get to feeling better about my life situation, I hit that one day of the month...

But I'll live. For now, content that will go on the webpage is in my LJ. http://maroon-ed.livejournal.com/ That's the link to the journal itself, as info on 'Frank' and the slaughter god are under LJ cut, because it's spoilery if you haven't figured that part out yet.

If you have, well, here's the direct link: http://maroon-ed.livejournal.com/150789.html
Old 01-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #384
tHEhERETIC

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/tHEhERETIC/gods.html

I put Julia and Black Shuck under 'Frank' and put 'Frank's' real name and picture on the 'gods' page, even though Julia isn't an ethereal and Shuck isn't up to the level of god.

I added another god from the MHC spoilers page, figureing she'll turn up at some point. Incidentally there has always been a spoilers page--go to your nav bar, delete the word 'characters' and put in the word 'spoilers'. Though at this point it's nothing you don't know.

I'll post in IC tomorrow. I was hoping Ash/RadLilim would pipe in...
Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #385
tHEhERETIC

Refining Julia for what may be combat, I came across what should have been an obvious factoid about ghosts. You have to look at CPG, as opposed to Liber Umbr., to see it.

I was going to PM DAlillama on it, since his character is established to have ghostly experience (because I found that handy when he came on board). But what the heck--if your character has dealt with ghosts much you'll want to have him/her remember this.

You see, right now Julia has the unclosed ward behind her, Zahirah in front of her, Ryuki to one side and that sword to the other. Either he's bluffing again, or has some freaky sneaky ghost ward, or Ryuki has made a mistake.

Ghosts aren't affected by the physical realm--she's just photons. She could walk right through any of them (though the sword is arguable). She can choose to interact with the physical world by expending Essence, but isn't affected by it. Pg. 81 CPG.

I do love the invisible tag.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #386
tHEhERETIC

Mostly to ladyarcana, but posted in case I have a precedent in play that I'm forgetting. If that's the case, point me at a post number and I'll revise it.

From what I'm reading, that sword will do double damage once it connects. Julia is fated and just plain evil, and you know how the sword feels about that. (I'm thinking that sword needs a name one of these days!) However, the way I see it, right now it can't connect. She's not physically there, and it is physically there. I'm thinking it has a physical and a celestial form, and the ghost-form is an extension of a soul and thus more analogous to celestial form than corporeal (though quite technically it is neither).

Now to restore a teeny bit of faith Glen might have lost in his fellow wizard.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #387
ladyarcana55

No, no precedent. We talked ever so briefly about the sword but never really went into the knitty-gritty until that first fight in the previous PW thread.

And by the way, I agree. There needs to be a name. I was trying to find a Chinese name for it since the family is Chinese but I have had no luck finding any romanji translations of the chinese kana. I will probably just go with Japanese.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #388
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
No, no precedent. We talked ever so briefly about the sword but never really went into the knitty-gritty until that first fight in the previous PW thread.

And by the way, I agree. There needs to be a name. I was trying to find a Chinese name for it since the family is Chinese but I have had no luck finding any romanji translations of the chinese kana. I will probably just go with Japanese.
I have a kanji dictionary :) If it's in the official five thousand, I'll be able to find kun-yomi and on-yomi for it.

If it's outside of those five grand, I'm hosed. --sheepish grin--
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #389
tHEhERETIC

If this were a movie, the back of the DVD case would read:

A rookie Soldier leads a misfit team of angels to a cache of imprisoned spirits. When one of them is set loose, it threatens to bring 1999 all over again to the City of Angels; and only the misfits, a moonlighting Fire Soldier, and a bookselling sorcerer stand between Armageddon and the greatest stalemate of all time.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #390
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
If this were a movie, the back of the DVD case would read:

A rookie Soldier leads a misfit team of angels to a cache of imprisoned spirits. When one of them is set loose, it threatens to bring 1999 all over again to the City of Angels; and only the misfits, a moonlighting Fire Soldier, and a bookselling sorcerer stand between Armageddon and the greatest stalemate of all time.
No pressure or anything

Tags
in nomine