Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #311
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

And DeShawn labels the jars:

19 are in the silent pile, 11 in the speaking pile.

Of those in the silent pile, most of the labels read a variation on "stuff". There's graveyard dirt, dried belladonna, love potion bath salts, raw sulfur, a dried monkey's paw, jewelry from a woman who died under mysterious circumstances, and some more 'eye of newt' type goodies.

However, there are four jars he pulls out of the silent pile and sets in front of it. They are:
Silent 1: Said never to open it, screws up technology
Silent 2: will o'wisps
Silent 3: Hellhound
Silent 4: Banshee

Of the 'talking' jars, we have
GM1: demon (he can't seem to remember much about it)
M2: errand spirit
K1: goddess of Eleusis
A2: Really old demon
GM 3: handwriting is muddled (GM hasn't fleshed this one out and is saving it for surprises--Corat handled it and heard it speak)
Z4: some nightmare spirit
ZL1: messenger
ML2: ghost woman from the movies
KL3: Needs written commands
AL1: sneaky, only Kingman handles him
ZL2: like a minor Hera
GM3: (another wild card)

---Trying to track them, italics are ones that have made the transition to San Francisco

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 11-23-2011 at 08:55 PM.
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #312
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
sounds good.
Coolness! But as I was writing the post I realized something...

Where would they put his stuff? Does he have a place they need to bring them all? I can't imagine they will lug all of that with them.

DAlillama, do you want to do that post so you can fill in those gaps?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #313
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
----edit-- Looks like Kane's saying IE War or Bay Area Dream, Zahirah is saying either one of the Dreams. So...Bay Area Dream. I'll post to that effect in a couple hours unless someone beats me to it.))
Works for me. He just wanted to make sure they put some space between themselves and Los Angeles ... though if they wanted to leave him as a rear guard, he'd gladly take down demons til he fell himself, setting himself on fire with the sword to leave the Vessel unrecognizable. :)

(Ah, Malakim ....)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #314
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
OOC: Sorry for being so quiet, working on a play that's going to open Saturday.
Break a leg! What are you guys performing?
(My own show just closed, a really fun run of Frost/Nixon.)

Old 11-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #315
Rocket Man

As a possibly amusing sidenote, while I have always loved our GM's "Cheech" image of Eli, this is what my mental image of the Archangel of Creation has most often been: http://www.nndb.com/people/559/00002...guthrie-bw.jpg

Old 11-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #316
tHEhERETIC

Was looking for a thread to put a clip of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" (beautiful good-bye scene, from the film), when I came across this.

http://earl.of.sandwich.net/In_Nomine/Laws.html

We are in soooo much trouble --looks sideways at Glen--

I'm not putting this in play without some thought and discussion, but I like how it's written.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #317
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Was looking for a thread to put a clip of "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" (beautiful good-bye scene, from the film), when I came across this.

http://earl.of.sandwich.net/In_Nomine/Laws.html

We are in soooo much trouble --looks sideways at Glen--

I'm not putting this in play without some thought and discussion, but I like how it's written.
Which bit? Teh consorting with demons part?
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #318
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
Which bit? Teh consorting with demons part?
Demon or "other agent of Hell". Unless I miss my mark, Glen is still Hellsworn, whatever his feelings.

Ryuki was (and by most, is) presumed Hellsworn, but as we know that's not the case. The reason Corat didn't get strung up for that years ago was that Nisroc assured Dominic that it 'was covered'. And if Dom's looking the other way, the rank-and-file are generally smart enough to leave it alone.

If his ethereal ties were clearer they might not be so forgiving.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #319
Rocket Man

In Kane's case, he obviously doesn't know Glen is Hellsworn -- which is probably just as well for Glen. And I suppose if someone wanted to be legalistic about it, he's actually consorting with us rather than the other way around, and providing material aid to the cause of Heaven in the process.

Which brings up this particular portion of the laws:

"It shall be a crime to accept any gift, power, Rite, or service from a demon or other agent of Hell, or ethereal or agent thereof, save in a manner calculated to obtain substantial advantage for the forces of Heaven." (Italics mine)

So by my reading, we can accept the services of a Hellsworn if by doing so it gives Heaven a clear edge in the War.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #320
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
In Kane's case, he obviously doesn't know Glen is Hellsworn -- which is probably just as well for Glen. And I suppose if someone wanted to be legalistic about it, he's actually consorting with us rather than the other way around, and providing material aid to the cause of Heaven in the process.

Which brings up this particular portion of the laws:

"It shall be a crime to accept any gift, power, Rite, or service from a demon or other agent of Hell, or ethereal or agent thereof, save in a manner calculated to obtain substantial advantage for the forces of Heaven." (Italics mine)

So by my reading, we can accept the services of a Hellsworn if by doing so it gives Heaven a clear edge in the War.
Doesn't know but can, if it's his nature, assume as much. The presence/tolerance of Dragonboy could throw enough doubt on that question though. I mean, if Eli de facto made a sorcerer, who's to say Glen's origins aren't equally unconventional? Besides which, whack his favorite book dealer and he might exercise that whole Free to Walk Away option...

So, should we consider this in canon? Be willing to lawyer it a little bit? Throw out bits?

Tags
in nomine