Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 10-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
duxmtn

Default Super Munchkin Item Restriction

Are super munchkins capable of using all weapons? The directions state that they " can equip Items forbidden to that Class." My friend argues that this means they only gain the advantage of using weapons that their class' specifically forbid. In other words a super cleric can use a weapon that "cannot be used by clerics," but cannot use a weapon that can only be used by thieves.

My argument was: Super Munchkin clerics can use thief weapons. Am I wrong?

I'm sorry if I just confused you. I'm not a writer.
duxmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Super Munchkin Item Restriction

You are incorrect. By using Super Munchkin with only one Class, you get all the advantages of that Class, but none of the disadvantages. Being able to use an Item that is usable by a Thief only is not an advantage of the Cleric class, nor is it a disadvantage of the Cleric class (it's a disadvantage of not being a Thief, which is not the same thing). However, not being able to use an Item that says it is not usable by a Cleric is a disadvantage of the Cleric class, so a Super Munchkin Cleric (with no other class) may use Items say that they are not usable by a Cleric.

So, to sum it all up:

A Super Cleric, i.e., Super Munchkin with only the Cleric class, may use Items that are not restricted to another Class, Items that are Cleric only, and Items that specifically say Clerics can not use them.

A Cleric-(Other Class), i.e., Super Munchkin with the Cleric Class and some other Class, may use Items that that are not restricted to another Class, Items that are Cleric only, and Items that are the other Class only.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 10-15-2014 at 09:45 AM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class, equip, items, munchkin, super munchkin