Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #1
RWBYWhistler138

Default Javelina

I just played a game of munchkin with my brother and sister and my brother knew while fighting a monster that he was gonna lose and die from the bad stuff. The monsters levels were 8 and 2 for 2 seperate monsters. He didnt want us looting his body and getting the javelina so he desided to discard it using its discard ability fully knowing he wouldnt get a plis 2 to run away. Can he discard it if there were no level 10 or higher monsters presant?
RWBYWhistler138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Javelina

You can't discard it out of a combat, period. You can discard it from your hand for a Run Away bonus against a Level 10+ monster.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:52 AM   #3
RWBYWhistler138

I showed my brother what you have said but i think how you worded your answer confused him. He wants to know he could discard it using its ability during the combat not out of a combat. From what you said. I believed you were saying unless that card is in his hand during the combat he cannot discard it. Is that correct? I am just clarifying. He does not seem to understand the term discarding somthing out of a combat.
RWBYWhistler138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #4
Hulksamuel

Default Javelina

The Javelin says that you can discard it to get a +2 bonus for running away against monsters that are lvl 10 or higher. The way it is worded though I believe that you can discard it if you are in a fight with lower lvl monsters it's just you don't get the +2 for running until a lvl 10 or higher monster is added to the fight. No different than if you discarded for an ability like the warrior for example. You discard a card for a +1 to help your power even if it doesn't make it so you can win the fight. I do that all the time to make sure that if I am going to die that my body doesn't get looted.
Hulksamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksamuel View Post
The Javelin says that you can discard it to get a +2 bonus for running away against monsters that are lvl 10 or higher. The way it is worded though I believe that you can discard it if you are in a fight with lower lvl monsters it's just you don't get the +2 for running until a lvl 10 or higher monster is added to the fight. No different than if you discarded for an ability like the warrior for example. You discard a card for a +1 to help your power even if it doesn't make it so you can win the fight. I do that all the time to make sure that if I am going to die that my body doesn't get looted.
You can discard to Berserk because you still get the +1 bonus; it's just not enough to help. You can't discard the Javelina because you don't meet the condition - you must be fighting a Level 10+ monster. (And you only get the +2 against those monsters, even if there are lower-Level monsters in the fight. You fight monsters together, with their abilities combining, but you Run Away from each one independently.)

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote