Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #201
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Today we wind up this datadump with the Smuggler template. Enjoy!
Old 05-02-2016, 01:10 AM   #202
Mailanka

It's the last week of Iteration 3, and I've done quite a lot of work which requires quite a lot of retrospective, thus this will be a bit of a heavy week of posting.

Today, I have worked examples of three of the "core" templates:
You should already be familiar with most of them, but these include the revisions from the latest templates and, of course, proper equipment lists and spaceships!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:18 AM   #203
Mailanka

We continue revisiting old characters, and we add a few new ones!
Old 05-04-2016, 04:14 AM   #204
Mailanka

Alright, enough good-guys. Today, we've got some bad-guys!
  • Troopers 3.0: Whom you're likely well-familiar with, now, but now taking advantage of the more detailed combat-rules.
  • Battle-Bots 1.0: If we have robots, we should work out how they play on the battlefield!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:16 AM   #205
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! Today, I finish off Iteration 3 with a one-two punch.

First, I offer the Iteration 3 Playtest. I had to tackle quite a broad swatch of rules, including non-combat technicals, combat (including robots and non-robots), and spaceships. The result was a 9,000 word monster! Read if you wish, otherwise, skip to the cliffnotes of...

The Iteration 3 Playtest Notes, which discuss what worked and what still needs to be fixed.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #206
Mailanka

When my Iterations complete, I like to post a retrospective on them, including a link to a single place with all the gameable notes, so you don't have to wade through lots of posts to run Psi-Wars, if that's what you want to do.

The retrospective is here
The notes are here
Old 05-11-2016, 11:45 PM   #207
Mailanka

Happy GURPS Day! Today, I have the kickoff for Iteration 4: Powers and Martial Arts. I discuss how I want to handle it, and what the coming weeks will look like.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:37 AM   #208
Mailanka

I wrote a GURPS Blog post for you, personally. You know who you are, and you know you know a lot about GURPS, and I'd like to read it. We all would. So, I'm echoing Cole's May challenge, and offering you some advice on how to get started.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 AM   #209
Mailanka

Alright, back to our regularly scheduled Psi-Wars. Today, I kick off a four-part series on the Force as Psionic Powers. Today, I look at why Psionic Powers may or may not be the best fit and lay out how I'll tackle it over the next week.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:37 PM   #210
Mailanka

Continuing my look at the Force as Psionic Powers, I take a look at the big three Psionic Powers: ESP, Telepathy and Psychokinesis, including which abilities best fit the Star Wars milieu and what ~50 points worth of each Psionic Power might look like for the Psionic Space Knight

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack