Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2015, 04:43 AM   #1
scc

Default [Vehicles/Mecha] Macross/Space Fighter Idea

OK, this idea has pretty much crawled into my brain and won't leave me alone until I pay it some attention, this could end up as a campaign, a story or simply something in the trash heap, as long as it leaves me alone. so “Out, damned spot.” as the quote goes.

The basic idea is Legs are Useless in Space (which might makes for a good title), anyway recently I've read a Ranma/Robotech fic called Chaotic Space, which while a good read seemed to push my tolerance of the worst abuses of the Mecha genre, especially Real Robots, past breaking point (I think that Macross/Robotech sits in just the wrong spot for me, what with it's mix of Real and Super and attempt to justify that doesn't last past episode 2). And I'm trying to avoid ranting here.

So as it's Macross/Robotech that's the serries that gets worked on.

Anyway, I figure my starting point is the Stormhawk in Mecha. I figure there will be two varients on this, the first produced just after the spacefold accident and it's sort of like we're is space, why do we need arms and legs? A follow up model is no wings needed either. Now this last model is going to be designed solely for space combat, so it will be a literal flying brick, I'm pretty sure that as long as it generates more then 1G in thrust it will be able to fly, but landing could be a problem (This design may not even have landing gear). Now that note on the Stormhawk's armor means that half of it's body armor is DR1200 instead of DR800 right? Oh, and should it have a Hnd rating if played with under 4th ed?

Now, Zentradi. As the Stormhawk, which replaces the Valkyrie, is SM+4. So that makes Zentradi SM+4 or +5? And Battlepods will be one SM bigger? Given the crammed cockpits I'd say Battlepods give DX-2. Now I don't need full stats for Battlepods, just enough for PCs to kill them. DR will be like the Stormhawk but lacking in the ablative underlay, so just DR 100, but laminate or metal? As for weapons, well the Stormhawk uses a TL9 Lt. Particle Cannon, so 2 Blaster Minicannon's for the two lower down weapons and 2 Lt. Blaster's for the higher up ones, all four at TL9. HP of 1,500 for the Body and 800 for each leg sound good?
scc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
macross, mecha, vehicles