Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #1441
Otaku

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I don't recall his fire breath ability, either. o.O

Also, note the difference in origins between mainstream!Sauron and my Reboot!Sauron. With the change in origins, the Dependency became less of a plot issue so I decided to drop it. Reboot!Sauron was altered by Apocalypse (hidden behind fnord tags), rather than being bit by a were-pterodactyl.
I don't remember Sauron gaining specific powers as he absorbed them; if Wikipedia can be trusted, apparently he only gains a portion of the powers when it does happen. I guess I do vaguely remember it happening one time, but I think it was treated as special circumstances as he drained both Scott and Alex Summers (Cyclops and Havok). I know he got a few new tricks due to the Weapon X program, though.

Oh, and I think I prefer the Reboot! origin for Sauron to his actual one. :)
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #1442
Darkhol

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
And I'm back to statting the FF crew!

MOLECULE MAN

Occupation: Former nuclear power plant technician turned professional criminal.
Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no known criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Sometime partner of the Psycho-Man.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Owen Reece was a technician at a Roxxon Energy Company nuclear power plant in the Midwest when the strangest incident occurred (see Roxxon Energy). While manipulating the waldos to remotely remove the nuclear waste and put fresh uranium into one of the three reactors on site, the reactor inadvertently switched itself on for half a minute; because Reece was the closest to the reactor while its shielding was open, he was bathed in nuclear radiation. Unlike what was expected, though, Reece did not immediately die of exposure, nor did he seem to be suffering from radiation poisoning of any kind. The only actual injury that occurred was that Reece was left with a series of scars on his face. An inquiry into the accident could not explain how it happened. Because the company felt they needed a scapegoat for the incident, as opposed to publicly admitting to being baffled, Reece was fired even though the accident was not his fault.

A lonely man with no friends and no family to turn to, Reece sank into a deep depression. At the height of his depression, he leaped off a bridge, only for his survival instinct to kick in at the last moment to cause the water beneath him to rise and cushion the blow from the fall. Realizing what had happened, Reece correctly determined his powers were the result of the reactor accident and decided to use his new powers for revenge against his firing. Calling himself the Molecule Man, Reece attacked the plant's corporate headquarters, a move which drew the attention of the Fantastic Four, whose leader, Reed Richards, was touring the facility (see Fantastic Four; Mister Fantastic). While sympathizing with Reece's plight, the Four were unable to talk him down; the resulting fight nearly destroyed one of the reactors, which perhaps coincidentally was the same reactor which had switched itself on weeks before. At the last minute, Reece used his powers to shut the reactor down before it went into meltdown. In a moment of clarity, he begged the Fantastic Four to kill him. Instead, Reed used his scientific genius to shunt Reece to another universe, one which Reed believed the Molecule Man could not hurt anyone besides himself.

The Molecule Man was later encountered during the Fantastic Four's second sojourn into the so-called Microverse, an alternate dimension normally accessible through reducing one's size through shunting mass extra-dimensionally using Pym particles (see Ant-Man; Microverse). Now focused on revenge on the Fantastic Four, who he irrationally believed responsible for the accident which scarred him, he formed a short-lived partnership with the renegade Microversian known as the Psycho-Man to attack the Fantastic Four through turning them against each other (see Psycho-Man). Where and when the Molecule Man will strike next is anyone's guess.
Height: 5' 7".
Weight: 160 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Other Distinguishing Features: Owen has several scars on his face, radiating from the point where the nose meets the eyes, in the shape of lightning bolts.
Uniform: Green tunic with purple lightning bolts on the chest, green pants, purple wrist bands, purple boots, purple belt.
Strength Level: The Molecule Man possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in little regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: The Molecule Man possesses incredible psionic control over matter, which he can manipulate on the molecular level, enabling him to perform such stunts as levitating and moving objects, creating and freezing a tidal wave,and using the ground to engulf his opponents. The only real limits on his power are self-imposed; for instance, he believes he cannot manipulate living tissue, so for all intents and purposes he cannot directly affect anyone with his powers. He cannot transmute one element into another, but he can break apart and combine various ambient elements and compounds; for example, he can combine the carbon in charcoal with oxygen in the air to create carbon monoxide.

While he believes he cannot affect or create living tissue, should he die his own power will revive him, even if his body is disintegrated.

2,165 points
Attributes:
ST 9 [-10]; DX 9 [-20]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 10 [0].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d-1; BL 20 lbs.; HP 11 [4]; Will 12 [-5]; Per 13 [0]; FP 10 [0]; Basic Speed 4.75 [0]; Basic Move 4 [0]; Dodge 7.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Control Matter (Accessibility: Cannot Affect Living Flesh, -20%; Collective, +100%; Reflexive, +40%; Psionic, -10%) [630]; Corrosion Attack 3d×5 (Accessibility: Cannot Affect Living Flesh, -20%; Cosmic: Irresistible Attack, +300%; Increased 1/2D Range ×10, +15%; Reduced Range ×1/5, -20%; Psionic, -10%) [548]; Create Matter 10 (Accessibility: Cannot Affect Living Flesh, -20%; Transmutation Only (Accessibility: Can Only Combine or Separate Compounds, Not Transmute Elements, -20%), -80%; Psionic, -10%) [80]; Damage Resistance 60 (Force Field, +20%; Hardened 1, +20%; Psionic, -10%) [390]; Eidetic Memory [5]; Energy Reserve (Psionic) 30 [90]; Single-Minded [5]; Telekinesis 50 (Accessibility: Cannot Affect Living Flesh, -20%; Animation (Object Can Fly If Equipped), -20%; Psionic, -10%) [125]; Unkillable 3 [150]; Versatile [5].
Perks: Aerokinesis [1]; Hydrokinesis [1]; Power Source [1]; Umbrella; Universal Remote [1].
Disadvantages: Appearance (Unattractive) [-4]; Clueless [-10]; Indecisive (9) [-15]; Low Self-Image [-10]; Obsession (Revenge) (6) [-20]; Overweight [-1]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Selfish (12) [-5]; Status -1 [-5]; Truthfulness (9) [-7]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Careful [-1]; Distinctive Feature (Facial Scars) [-1]; Mild OCD [-1]; Nervous Ranter [-1]; Uncongenial [-1].
Skills: Animate Object (H) IQ+3 [2] – 16*; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Scientific) (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Sensors) (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+1 [0] – 10; Matter Shaping (H) IQ+3 [2] – 16*; Professional Skill (Nuclear Power Plant Technician) (A) IQ-1 [1] – 12; Transmutation (H) IQ+3 [2] – 16*.
Starting Spending Money: $800 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +4 from Matter Control Talent.

Role-Playing Notes:
A bitter, lonely man who thinks he has nothing left to live for, Owen is out for revenge against the world that he feels has rejected him. His accident has left him unhinged.
Bro, what is "Matter Control" advantage , how did you make it ?

Last edited by Darkhol; 01-13-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Darkhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #1443
Bengt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhol View Post
Bro, what is "Matter Control" advantage , how did you make it ?
It's in GURPS Powers.
Bengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #1444
Darkhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt View Post
It's in GURPS Powers.
Yeah I know it, but I can't understand how much it cost and what level it has
Old 01-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #1445
Phantasm

Quote:
Yeah I know it, but I can't understand how much it cost and what level it has
Oops, I left off the number of levels. I don't have my notes on hand (at work on my phone ATM), but I would assume 10 levels, same as Create. Not sure how I overlooked that.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #1446
Darkhol

Quote:
Oops, I left off the number of levels. I don't have my notes on hand (at work on my phone ATM), but I would assume 10 levels, same as Create. Not sure how I overlooked that.
Thanks bro, I like your gurps marvel book
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #1447
Darkhol

Quote:
Also you forgot to add matter control talent in advantages list
Old 01-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #1448
Phantasm

And I also missed a Binding I noticed in the GCA file but not in the entry itself. Oops.

Anyways, fixed! Thanks for pointing that out. Feedback on any of these builds is always welcome. :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #1449
Darkhol

Quote:
Punisher (continued from previous post)

547 points
Attributes:
ST 12 [20]; DX 13 [60]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 2d-1/3d+1; BL 29 lbs; HP 15 [6]; Will 13 [5]; Per 14 [10]; FP 14 [0]; Basic Speed 7.00 [5]; Basic Move 7 [0]; Dodge 12.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Middle Eastern [1]; Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Ambidexterity [5]; Born Soldier 2 [10]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Danger Sense [15]; Enhanced Dodge 1 [15]; Foresight 1 [10]; Foresight (Ambushes) 1 [5]; Gunslinger [25]; Hard to Kill 2 [4]; Hard to Subdue 2 [4]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Patron (The Punishers; Equipment: No More Than Starting Wealth, +50%) (9) [30]; Resistant to Poisons/Toxins (+3) [5]; Single-Minded [5]; Striking ST +7 [35]; Temperature Tolerance 1 [1]; Unfazeable [15]; Very Fit [15]; Very Rapid Healing [15]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Armorer's Gift (Rifle) [1]; Armorer's Gift (SMG) [1]; Cool Under Fire [1]; Courtesy Military Rank 2 [2]; Cross-Trained (Pistols) [1]; Cross-Trained (Rifles) [1]; Cross-Trained (SMGs) [1]; Improvised Weapons (Brawling) [1]; Infinite Ammunition (Quasi-Realistic Ammo) [1]; Off-Screen Reload [1]; Off-Hand Weapon Training (Pistols) [1]; Off-Hand Weapon Training (SMGs) [1]; One-Armed Bandit (Shotgun) [1]; Pistol-Fist [1]; Special Exercises (Striking ST +7) [7]; Style Familiarity: MCMAP [1]; Sure-Footed (Uneven) [1]; Tap-Rack-Bang (Rifle) [1]; Tap-Rack-Bang (Shotgun) [1]; Tap-Rack-Bang (SMG) [1]; Wall o' Lead (Rifle) [1]; Wall o' Lead (SMG) [1].
Disadvantages: Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]; Enemy (Law-Enforcement Agencies) (9) [-20]; Enemy (Organized Criminal Cartels) (12) [-40]; Obsession (Eliminate Organized Crime) (6) [-20]; On the Edge (12) [-15]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Stubbornness [-5].
Quirks: Bloody Mess [-1]; Loner By Choice [-1]; Quick and Efficient [-1]; Scruffy-Looking [-1]; Stop Having Fun, Guys! [-1].
Skills: Body Language (Human) (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Brawling (E) DX+3 [8] – 16; Breath Control (H) HT-1 [2] – 13; Camouflage (E) IQ+1 [1] – 13*; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 13; Criminology/TL8 (A) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14; Current Affairs/TL8 (People) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 14; Detect Lies (H) Per+0 [4] – 14; Driving/TL8 (Motorcycle) (A) DX-1 [1] – 12; Explosives/TL8 (Demolition) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Fast-Draw (Ammo) (E) DX+1 [1] – 14†; Fast-Draw (Knife) (E) DX+1 [1] – 14; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+3 [8] – 15; Forced Entry (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Gunner/TL8 (Machine Gun) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Guns/TL8 (Grenade Launcher) (E) DX+2 [2] – 15‡; Guns/TL8 (Light Anti-Armor Weapon) (E) DX+2 [2] – 15‡; Guns/TL8 (Light Machine Gun) (E) DX+4 [4] – 17‡; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+4 [4] – 17‡; Guns/TL8 (Rifle) (E) DX+5 [8] – 18‡; Guns/TL8 (Shotgun) (E) DX+5 [8] – 18‡; Guns/TL8 (Submachine Gun) (E) DX+5 [16] – 18; Hiking (A) HT+0 [2] – 14; Intelligence Analysis/TL8 (H) IQ-1 [2] – 12; Intimidation (A) Will+2 [8] – 15; Judo (H) DX+1 [8] – 14; Jumping (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Knife (E) DX+1 [2] – 14; Law (Philadelphia Criminal) (H) IQ-1 [2] – 11; Leadership (A) IQ+1 [1] – 13§; Lifting (A) HT+0 [2] – 14; Lip Reading (A) Per-1 [1] – 13; NBC Suit/TL8 (A) DX+0 [2] – 13; Observation (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Parachuting/TL8 (E) DX+0 [1] – 13; Psychology (Human) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 13; Public Speaking (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Research/TL8 (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 14; Savoir-Faire (Military) (E) IQ+3 [2] – 15§; Savoir-Faire (Police) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Scrounging (E) Per+2 [1] – 16§; Shadowing (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Soldier/TL8 (A) IQ+4 [8] – 16; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Strategy (Land) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 12; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Survival (Desert) (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Survival (Mountain) (A) Per-1 [1] – 13; Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per-1 [1] – 13; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 14; Tactics (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14§; Teaching (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Throwing (A) DX+1 [4] – 14; Tracking (A) Per+0 [2] – 14; Traps/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 13; Weather Sense (A) IQ+0 [2] – 12; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 14.
Techniques: Double-Loading (Fast-Draw (Ammo)) (A) def+2 [2] – 14; Dual-Weapon Attack (Guns (SMG)) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Elbow Strike (Brawling) (A) def+2 [2] – 16; Knee Strike (Brawling) (A) def+1 [1] – 16.
Starting Spending Money: $20,000 (50% of Starting Wealth).

* Defaulted from Survival (Desert).
† Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.
‡ Defaulted from Guns (SMG).
§ Includes +2 from Born Soldier.

Role-Playing Notes:
Frank is a man driven to avenge the deaths of his wife and children by waging a war on organized crime. He knows what he's doing is likely to be the death of him, and he knows he's gotta be at least a little messed up in the head to do what he does. He doesn't care, though, as he figures one day he'll be reunited with his loved ones.

Design Notes:
1. I got some flack when writing this up for not making the Punisher a Vietnam veteran like his mainstream counterpart. Note, however, that a 'Nam veteran in 2010 would probably be pushing 70. Making him a Desert Storm veteran at least keeps him, in the timeframe of the Reboot, around 40, which isn't a bad age for a veteran, although he's likely to be slowing down as age hits him.
2. The organization, the Punishers, providing Frank with his initial gear as well as additional gear and intelligence as needed was inspired by a pic of an Asian woman cosplaying as Lynn Michaels, the "Lady Punisher". (I may one day stat her up, too.)
3. Part of me wanted to just give him Gun! (DX/WC) or condense the Guns skills to just "Light Anti-Armor Weapons", "Pistols", and "Rifles", as per the one Pyramid article. I decided not to do the latter due to not really knowing how the various Perks from Gun-Fu being condensed would have worked, particularly for the machine pistols.

Edit: Added Striking ST +7 and prerequisite Special Exercises Perks, giving him more striking power than his ST and physique would indicate.
What is foresight?
Old 01-17-2018, 05:45 AM   #1450
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
What is foresight?
That was an advantage created for Action by (I think) PK. It saw print in Pyramid 3.53. It works kinda like a variant of Serendipity, where you can get a fortuitous circumstance to go your way, so long as some conditions are met. The ten point version can be used for almost any eventuality, and the five point one must fit within the theme (Ambushes, in the case of the Punisher build) chosen. You can actually get a glimpse of it in the preview of that issue HERE (scroll to the next-to-last page).
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men