Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 07-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Sites to find normal faces of specific ages?

It's not that hard to find all sorts of sites averaging adult faces. But I'm trying to create a teen character, and being 42 sans kids, I can't picture what normal X age youths look like anymore.
And I don't want to go searching wrecklessly, if you know what I mean.
Any help avoiding being put on a watch list would be much appreciated.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
(E)

Default Re: Sites to find normal faces of specific ages?

Have you looked at age progression software, there may be some overlap with age regression.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
alexondria

Try looking at hair style sites. They'll often have a kids and teens section
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
Anaraxes

Google Image search has a filter setting ("SafeSearch"), as well as a setting to return faces in particular (see "Type of Image").

https://www.google.com/advanced_image_search
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #5
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Google Image search has a filter setting ("SafeSearch"), as well as a setting to return faces in particular (see "Type of Image").

https://www.google.com/advanced_image_search
I'm embarrassed for not even thinking of safe search or knowing of that parameter page.
But even with that, Google apparently doesn't care about what number I specify. For one thing, I keep getting some eight year old model, Pimenova, regardless of the age I put in.
I feel both idiotic and frustrated that just trying to find out what a normal 15 year old teen looks like is causing me so much trouble. Sure, model sites will get me what pretty heavily made up kids look like, but that's not what I want.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #6
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Have you looked at age progression software, there may be some overlap with age regression.
I tried that initially, but most of those programs come up with very poor quality images. Maybe useful for missing persons, but as reasonable images of normal youths... not so good.
I imagine high quality programs exist, but probably not open to the public and certainly not to poor as dirt me. ;)
But thanks to you and everyone for suggestions.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
Celjabba

I hate to said it, but facebook can probably (over-)provide.

Or any newspaper website, looking at the local news. School events, sports team, whatever.

Granted, your search history will take some explaining if someone look at it... but then again, the average search history of a Gurps GM (or a urban fantasy writer, for that matter) would probably be disturbing to any confused observer :)

Celjabba
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #8
Warlockco

Have you tried going to a local mall or shopping plaza and people watch?
Should be able to see a good number of teens around.

If you are into Pokemon Go, that will be a good cover as to why you are in the area if there is actually a PokeStop around too. If you are concerned about being a considered a "creep."

What type of teen character are you trying to create?
Being 42 myself, with several nieces and nephews that are teens or early 20s, truthfully, most of them dressed the same way me and my friends did. Though my nieces do tend to wear stuff that is for lack of a better word more daring, than back in my day.
Biggest factor in how they dress and look will be are they inner city school, private school, catholic school, rural school, and so on.
Warlockco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:58 AM   #9
Flyndaran
Untagged

I'm not looking for generic teen, but what boys and girls looks like generally from childhood to adulthood plus.
I suppose with how bad I am at faces, I can just keep the character a number and only vague facial features. I was just getting frustrated with how hard it was to grab specific aged faces of someone, anyone.
I don't really know why it seemed to matter to know what my physically 14/15/16 year old character looked like or why a specific number was important. I tend to fixate on inconsequentials when creating characters sometimes.
(FYI: the character was going to be a damaged Terminator type A.I. computer in a human body that had its brains scooped out. A child to better explain why its behavior was odd initially and grow into a more effective human-mimic.)

Last edited by Flyndaran; 07-22-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Flyndaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:23 AM   #10
Celjabba

if you look for timelapse on youtube, I remember seeing video of peoples from youth to old ages, one picture a year. it may help?

Last edited by Celjabba; 07-22-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote