Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #71
TurboCooler

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
There's a photo in that post showing a lane change in progress. It is in the comments.
I am unable to determine the picture you mention and I read all the comments.

Speaking of comments:

"Philip Reed Simon Sedgwick Core = the sixth edition game rules. We've been working at bringing the time down; the playtime was hovering around 90 to 120 minutes for a four player game. We've managed to get this down to 70 to 90 minutes."

To me, that play time sounds awesome for a 4 player game! This would be perfect for arena play and tournaments as well as legacy play (on going time line that is RPG like).

To me. the 60min to 90min playtime is the sweet spot. If 2 player is even half that number, this would rock. As I am way older and originally played the versions released in 90s, with work, family and other responsibilities, if I can get together with my play group for 60 to 90min this would be perfect.

At least for me, right now, me and my play group so something like this "who is dropping off the kids at the movies?" "Cool, I will setup the game, come over and will have the game setup as well as food and drinks" Okay, movie is over, pick up the kids, see you guys soon.

LOL! that is my life so if we can get a game in during that time, it would be great!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #72
schoon

Great FB post.

The custom dice look like a solid mechanic. It's a bit difficult to figure out the rest from just a few pictures, but I remain hopeful!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #73
steam_bucky

Do we have ANY info on artists attached to car wars 6e yet?
Old 01-29-2017, 08:27 PM   #74
TurboCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam_bucky View Post
Do we have ANY info on artists attached to car wars 6e yet?
I don't know that we have any info since the KS has been delayed. I am hoping that we would get some info after PAX South.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #75
schoon

Given their schedule and other games that need attention in the meantime, I'm not really expecting the information spigot to start flowing again till April-ish.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #76
TurboCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoon View Post
Given their schedule and other games that need attention in the meantime, I'm not really expecting the information spigot to start flowing again till April-ish.
Yeah, I did not know about the Munchkin KS and the various Toy Fairs and Cons they were involved in when I posted.

Still was hoping for a update. No problem.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #77
thudthwacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoon View Post
Great FB post.

The custom dice look like a solid mechanic. It's a bit difficult to figure out the rest from just a few pictures, but I remain hopeful!
It looks like a great way to streamline -- take all the statistical knowledge from designing games like Zombie Dice and use it to move lots of the bonuses, penalties, and table lookups over to custom dice with different success/failure weightings. Ver' slick. I'm pretty excited to see the final version of the game when the Kickstarter launches.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #78
snate56

I dunno, from the few pictures I see, I'm preferring the old turning key! ;)

I like the idea of swiftly building a car using the cards, though. And the dice look pretty good... will they all be symbol dice or are there any actual standard 1-6 pip dice in the new game?

SteveN
Old 02-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #79
MJBurrage

Regarding scale and bases (with apologies if I missed an existing answer more specific than ~1:87).

Based on the play-test images, would I be correct in presuming that:
  1. “HO scale” for Car Wars 6th Ed. means a 2″ = 15′ (1:90) ground scale?
  2. the rectangular portion of the 6th Ed. bases are 2″ long, with the curved areas (front and back) extending the overall base length? (thus allowing for the reality that many cars are longer than 15′ and thus many 1:87 car models are longer than 2″.
  3. If yes on #2, what is the overall base length?

I'm asking since “HO scale” is often (mis)interpreted as any of the scales below, and I'm curious about which third-party models would be suitable for supplementing the SJG models, and to what scale one should design terrain (such as highway patterns).
  • 1:91.4 (6′ ≡ 20mm) 20mm figures (using top of head).
  • 1:90 * (2″ ≡ 15′) some European car model brands.
  • 1:87.1 (1′ ≡ 3.5mm) exact H0 scale, many many manufacturers, but cars tend to be pre-80s models.
  • 1:76.2 (1′ ≡ 4mm) OO scale (UK); British “HO scale” cars; 20mm figs (using eye height).
  • 1:72 * (1″ ≡ 6′) original 25mm figures; many aircraft models.
  • 1:72–1:64 = many so called “HO scale” slot cars.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:09 PM   #80
TheAmishStig

Here's to hoping we can get an answer on the question. I'm building an arena [currently for Classic] based around car base = 2"x1", since it's close enough to HO to be serviceable for 6E when it hits...
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
Closed Thread