Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
Cthu

Default I need help with Munchkin social hierchy

Ok, so at my school, we play munchkin at lunch. Generally whoever brought the best munchkin is the most popular, and people play that person's game. Usually I or one other person specifically brings the best game, but someone else exploited his rich parents and bought 3 munchkins, booty, impossible, and good, bad, and munchkin. I have pathfinder, and star. What munchkins should I get that people really like? (I have Conan and Cthulu coming in the mail)
Cthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Zugzwain

Default Re: I need help with Munchkin social hierchy

The Best munchkin Hands down is adventure time. Not as many level up cards and very specific cards plus character dashboards. A....... wait for it........ mazing
Old 04-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
AlanS78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthu View Post
Ok, so at my school, we play munchkin at lunch. Generally whoever brought the best munchkin is the most popular, and people play that person's game. Usually I or one other person specifically brings the best game, but someone else exploited his rich parents and bought 3 munchkins, booty, impossible, and good, bad, and munchkin. I have pathfinder, and star. What munchkins should I get that people really like? (I have Conan and Cthulu coming in the mail)
I never went to a school where Munchkin games determined popularity. You are soooo lucky :)
AlanS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
felwred

I like the idea of this school as well - Munchkin for social status :)

The editions my group enjoys the best are a customized base set (with various W23 and promo cards), Star Munchkin, Cthulhu, and Munchkin Impossible.

Fu, Pathfinder, and Conan all suffer from mechanical problems of it being too easy to get massive combat bonuses. Booty's ship system doesn't work as well as it really should. Good, the Bad is a good set but not as funny as some of the others.

I liked adventure time overall but you'd probably have to like the show to really enjoy it much.

This year I am looking forward to star munchkin 3, Steampunk, and Nightmare before Christmas.

Have fun!
felwred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
Elhowl

When in doubt get Zombies and Adventure Time. Hands down the best ones!!!
Elhowl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
munchkin, social hierchy