Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #4251
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
He doesn't bother to hide behind language. "Bring him here," although she might hear his phone being rough-handled on that last word.
"Who? Where is he?"

Sunae looks around
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:12 AM   #4252
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
He doesn't bother to hide behind language. "Bring him here," although she might hear his phone being rough-handled on that last word.

..."You haven't changed a bit." Threat for threat, but he releases Ryuki's arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Who? Where is he?"

Sunae looks around
Ryuki dives without dignity to retrieve his phone before it gets stepped on. "Are you questioning an order?" He wondered what direction her mind would take with that, given the facts on the ground, but if he were extremely lucky she would merely react. "The Huntsman, the one we came for, is over there. Draw him here."

When he stands up he sees Briathos and Corat nose to nose, accounting for difference in vessel height. Briathos being nearly a head taller. "You're scared." Not an unusual challenge for a Power to lay down.

Corat does not contradict it. He's played high-roller poker before. "I'm still here."
Old 07-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #4253
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Ryuki dives without dignity to retrieve his phone before it gets stepped on. "Are you questioning an order?" He wondered what direction her mind would take with that, given the facts on the ground, but if he were extremely lucky she would merely react. "The Huntsman, the one we came for, is over there. Draw him here."
"I'm not questioning anything, I don't see him! I know what he looks like, I just don't know where 'there' is."

Sunae looks around as she speaks, trying to catch a glimpse of him. But there are so many people she isn't sure where her prey is at.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:42 AM   #4254
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Ryuki dives without dignity to retrieve his phone before it gets stepped on. "... Draw him here."

When he stands up he sees Briathos and Corat nose to nose, accounting for difference in vessel height. Briathos being nearly a head taller. "You're scared." Not an unusual challenge for a Power to lay down.

Corat does not contradict it. He's played high-roller poker before. "I'm still here."
Quote:
"I'm not questioning anything, I don't see him! I know what he looks like, I just don't know where 'there' is."

Sunae looks around as she speaks, trying to catch a glimpse of him. But there are so many people she isn't sure where her prey is at.
He'd loved to give more detailed instructions--not. That's not how his family raised him. Still, even if he were so inclined, his oldest friend from this insane life was being threatened and he had to do something about it. Time to multitask.

"Make some noise!" He rarely raises his voice, and almost never to this volume*. Sunae can probably hear him from where she's standing in addition to on the phone held nearly at arm's length. A few in the crowd nearby, either ignoring or failing to hear the fury or panic in his voice, throw up their hands and holler happily. It's not many, though.

The Warbird and the Judge continue their face-off, so far unaffected by the commotion. The crowd buzz you heard in the distance has changed its tone, quieted perhaps or simply changed direction.

**as opposed to my muse for him, who basically does so every single film and most of his plays. Alas, the relevant scenes are hard to find online when searching in English. But here's something that should give you an idea. https://youtu.be/47vELDiBdJI

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 07-25-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: footnote
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:29 PM   #4255
Dalillama

Quote:
"Who? Where is he?"

Sunae looks around
"Easy way to find out. You can take this guy, right?" Without waiting for an answer, Glen lets iut a shout that rings with Essence. "VON GALEN! Where are you, coward!? If you've a drop of manhood left in your raddled spirit, come and show it!"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #4256
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"Make some noise!" He rarely raises his voice, and almost never to this volume*. Sunae can probably hear him from where she's standing in addition to on the phone held nearly at arm's length. A few in the crowd nearby, either ignoring or failing to hear the fury or panic in his voice, throw up their hands and holler happily. It's not many, though.
She runs back to her friends and they start to jump up and down, screaming and cheering. Soon they spread out among the crowd getting everyone excited.

Sunae yells, "I thought this was a party! Let's get it started! DJ! Get this place BUMPING!"

And she starts to dance. As she dances, she is willing the energy of the Flame to pass to those around her and hopefully give the team the distraction they need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Easy way to find out. You can take this guy, right?" Without waiting for an answer, Glen lets out a shout that rings with Essence. "VON GALEN! Where are you, coward!? If you've a drop of manhood left in your raddled spirit, come and show it!"
Sunae lets out a very loud cheer, which is soon joined by other people around her. She continues to look around confident that the Huntsman cannot resist the challenge and eager for the fight.

((OOC: Sorry about that. Got ahead of myself.))

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 07-27-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #4257
chumley1013

Quote:
She runs back to her friends and they start to jump up and down, screaming and cheering. Soon they spread out among the crowd getting everyone excited.

Sunae yells, "I thought this was a party! Let's get it started! DJ! Get this place BUMPING!"

And she starts to dance. As she dances, she is willing the energy of the Flame to pass to those around her and hopefully give the team the distraction they need.
Cameron sees Ryuki, Corat and Mitch with a strange someone. She also spots Sunae getting her groove on. Seeing the crowd jumping, she thinks she might have found the perfect song to encourage more jumping. With a small smirk, she grabs the mic.

"All right, party people! Are you ready to show me how you Tremor?"

And then the song drops. Cameron is praying this will provide whatever distraction her friends need.

Author's Note: The song is Tremor by Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike and Martin Garrix. What Cameron is hoping the crowd will do is this.
chumley1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:16 AM   #4258
tHEhERETIC

Quote:

Sunae lets out a very loud cheer, which is soon joined by other people around her. She continues to look around confident that the Huntsman cannot resist the challenge and eager for the fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
Cameron sees Ryuki, Corat and Mitch with a strange someone. She also spots Sunae getting her groove on. Seeing the crowd jumping, she thinks she might have found the perfect song to encourage more jumping. With a small smirk, she grabs the mic.

"All right, party people! Are you ready to show me how you Tremor?"

And then the song drops. Cameron is praying this will provide whatever distraction her friends need.

Author's Note: The song is Tremor by Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike and Martin Garrix. What Cameron is hoping the crowd will do is this.
Getting the party jumping? No problem, especially with Fire and an experienced DJ (who knew?) behind it. Getting them to jump on command? Eh, doable, but more than shouting and jumping...well, if they'll do more than that, you don't see it. There are so very many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Easy way to find out. You can take this guy, right?" Without waiting for an answer, Glen lets iut a shout that rings with Essence. "VON GALEN! Where are you, coward!? If you've a drop of manhood left in your raddled spirit, come and show it!"
Essence is answered with Disturbance--he definitely heard you. It's not an i impressive Disturbance by volume, though it gets a raised eyebrow from Ryuki. Apparently he thought he had a monopoly on throwing Essence just to make noise.

Mitch might catch a quick exchange between Corat and Briathos. "You may want to hunker down, Judge. We're about to be brutally outnumbered." Instead of the fear he'd secretly hoped for he got an Elohite's studied indifference. "Don't throw any punches," and then he let himself into a grease-monkey's tent and blended in with the proverbial furniture.

The buzz of the distant crowd stopped, but they weren't gone. As the crowd hopped to Tremor it was met by another crowd, waves of people bumping in to the back of the front dance area like gentle foam at the beach. When Cameron called out for them to make some noise she'd find the noise deafening, but only about half the time. It goes a long way to muffling the next Disturbance, but they're not on the same frequency even if their volumes were similar. Something big just went down somewhere in the new, incoming crowd.

The festive but very large incoming crowd.

Someone runs up towards the DJ booth, waving as she goes to try to get Cameron's blessing to hop up there and suggest a song.

---
Peculiar results brought to you by the Stitched Rabbit Tarot. I'll explain a little later after you've figured out what the cards have said explicitly that you do not notice. Reading
Old 08-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #4259
ladyarcana55

Quote:
The buzz of the distant crowd stopped, but they weren't gone. As the crowd hopped to Tremor it was met by another crowd, waves of people bumping in to the back of the front dance area like gentle foam at the beach. When Cameron called out for them to make some noise she'd find the noise deafening, but only about half the time. It goes a long way to muffling the next Disturbance, but they're not on the same frequency even if their volumes were similar. Something big just went down somewhere in the new, incoming crowd.

Sunae's head turns towards the Disturbance. There is only the slightest indication of her outrage that this Ethereal would try to take over the party.

But she continues to dance knowing that the Huntsman wouldn't recognize her. Something that may come in handy soon enough.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 08-10-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #4260
Puck

Quote:

Someone runs up towards the DJ booth, waving as she goes to try to get Cameron's blessing to hop up there and suggest a song.

[/URL]
Mitch takes a step back as the oncoming crowd rushes towards them like the on coming tide. Any thought that they might be simply attracted to the DJing is dismissed as he feels the Disturbance. He moves to stand next to Glen and studies the crowd "Something just happened. Do we have a description of the Ethereal's last known vessel?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine