Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-22-2016, 11:04 PM   #4131
ladyarcana55

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch reaches over and snags a pocky stick for himself and takes a bite. "Do we know which demons stole the jars and Ethereals?"
"That's what we were planning on beating, I mean asking, Glen's employee"
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:12 AM   #4132
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"That's what we were planning on beating, I mean asking, Glen's employee"
Quote:
Mitch reaches over and snags a pocky stick for himself and takes a bite. "Do we know which demons stole the jars and Ethereals?"
"Ikelos." She says it so quietly you're not sure if you heard it with your ears or your head, but there it was. "He serves...nightmares. No doubt he got some minor underlings to do the dirty work."

Mitch
Spoiler:  

"Chernob---" Ryuki starts to say, but he's stopped. The hitchhiker reaches through Sunae to hush him.

"Don't say his name."

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 09-28-2016 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Moving things along
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #4133
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"Ikelos." She says it so quietly you're not sure if you heard it with your ears or your head, but there it was. "He serves...nightmares. No doubt he got some minor underlings to do the dirty work."

Mitch
Spoiler:  

"Chernob---" Ryuki starts to say, but he's stopped. The hitchhiker reaches through Sunae to hush him.

"Don't say his name."
Mitch finishes off his snack and leans back in his seat. "So, err he who shall not be named works for this Ikelos? Or the other way around?" He looks over the hitchhiker spirit and says quietly "Why don't you think we can keep you safe? Who do you fear?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:55 PM   #4134
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Mitch finishes off his snack and leans back in his seat. "So, err he who shall not be named works for this Ikelos? Or the other way around?" He looks over the hitchhiker spirit and says quietly "Why don't you think we can keep you safe? Who do you fear?"
"Mitch, that's rather obvious, don't you think? It's not like we can stay with her all of the time and she certainly can't stay."
Old 10-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #4135
Puck

Quote:
"Mitch, that's rather obvious, don't you think? It's not like we can stay with her all of the time and she certainly can't stay."
Mitch sighs "I know, but there is more she can tell us if she feels safe. I'm sorry we can't seem to offer that protection."
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #4136
Dalillama

"We've gone to considerable trouble to ward this van, and she's inside those wards now. Surely she's safe in here? And you can ride as long as you like, miss; so long as you're in the van, you're still hitching, right?"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #4137
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"We've gone to considerable trouble to ward this van, and she's inside those wards now. Surely she's safe in here? And you can ride as long as you like, miss; so long as you're in the van, you're still hitching, right?"
"Her legend lies in her disappearance from the vehicle. Besides, you can't expect her to stay here for an extended period of time."
Old 10-03-2016, 05:22 AM   #4138
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Mitch sighs "I know, but there is more she can tell us if she feels safe. I'm sorry we can't seem to offer that protection."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Quote:
"Her legend lies in her disappearance from the vehicle. Besides, you can't expect her to stay here for an extended period of time."
"Actually Glen, there is no ward yet. It's set up to finish in a couple seconds at a rest stop before we get there. Otherwise it fades too soon, and she couldn't have stepped in here in the first...ah nuts."

And indeed, the second you turn your eyes towards each other is all she needs to vanish.

"It's impressive that she broke message at all, to let us know something was up." Corat's speaking but he sounds off--too measured and slow for one thing, with a faintly smoky voice. "Cameron, pull up this address, would you? I'm afraid it's only bare bones, but when you're a couple thousand years old you have to rely on younger angels who maybe don't need to know so much. Here's the address: they tell me it will make sense to you. https://www.gliffy.com/go/html5/11229647 "

((OOC it's a rebuild from memory, since housecleaning has failed to turn up the original. I may edit it a bit as things occur to me.))
Old 10-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #4139
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
"It's impressive that she broke message at all, to let us know something was up." Corat's speaking but he sounds off--too measured and slow for one thing, with a faintly smoky voice. "Cameron, pull up this address, would you? I'm afraid it's only bare bones, but when you're a couple thousand years old you have to rely on younger angels who maybe don't need to know so much. Here's the address: they tell me it will make sense to you. https://www.gliffy.com/go/html5/11229647"
"Corat, what's going on?"
Old 10-08-2016, 03:11 AM   #4140
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"Corat, what's going on?"
"It's Yves for the moment. I've got someone on the other side briefing Corat, since he appreciates the limits of possession. I'd shake your hand, but apparently I'm driving. Nice straight highway. I'm not the most technologically savvy soul you'll ever meet, but since the first link I sent didn't get any views...try this one. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2y...ew?usp=sharing

"Otherwise, let me lay things out for you. The trouble you're in the middle of was a long time coming, and it's only kind Providence that it's you in the center of and not someone else. It seems the Loa--our Loa--laid these plans a very long time ago, anticipating that we'd eventually reach out to some sorcerer despite Uriel's influence. Or maybe it was just their sympathy for guys hunted by The Man and a bit of luck. Do you believe in luck? Do ethereals have destinies, considering they're already at their destination? I'd invite you into the library, but time is of the essence and I don't think Ryuki's brain could take another teleportation, and I don't think Cameron would bear that well either. Ryuki, take some rest after tonight. No excuses., or I will send you a personal Cherub. You think Briathos is annoying...

"So they use him to drag us in, knowing he's not clean."

The look on Ryuki's face just now...simple irritation, as if being the center of things was due and he just doesn't like the terms.

"...drag us in to demon town, where The Game has to respond. Suddenly benign --snort-- neglect isn't working so well. It's one of a number of small plots to heat up the War, so the question is Why do the Loa want to heat up the War? The Baron himself, for all his slipperiness, is a death god and gains nothing in the long run from a slaughter, so we look to his brother Chango, the warrior. It's a little bit hazy there, we can't rule out the clan head in this either, nor their sister Erzulie...nor for that matter Freya and Odin. Not the usual alliance there, and while the Olympians aren't all in they're not all out either. So we have the Loa herding the cats that are the ethereals and not doing a bad job of it, with Chernobog of Bald Mountain fame acting as their face to the demon world.

"What is clear--the ethereals are rebelling by pitting us against the demons. Why is less clear. They're so fractious, whatever is holding them together must be pretty compelling, though that very brave hitchhiker broke rank for us. She sees the s---storm that's coming, so how many are willing to ride that storm out? And for what?"

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 10-15-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in nomine