Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #3731
Puck

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Heaven's highest Mercurian (still at his post, anyway) smiles as they enter, placing a Lightning tablet back into a drawer. No outstanding projects clutter the surface of the desk; it's as those Mitch were a scheduled, expected appointment with all the time in the world ahead.

"Please, make yourself comfortable, Mitchem." (Either a chair or a post is at hand, depending on whether Mitchem has chosen to enter with a human-seeming form or as a winged serpent.) He sits as Mitch does. "How can I help you today?"
Mich's wings dip as his snake body coils down in a bow "Thank you my Lord." He makes himself comfortable on the pole, all six of his eyes towards Marc "As I'm sure you know, I have been working with a somewhat eclectic group of angels and humans. Recently we have come across disturbing information that the War may be heating up" He goes on to describe their recent adventures and the conclusions the group has reached.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:57 PM   #3732
ladyarcana55

In the meantime...

After Sunae watched Glen and Mo-mo disappear, she looked to the others who remained.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to report this to my Lady. Hopefully we'll be able to get Mo-mo to get the information we need from the Huntmen. In retrospect, we probably should have dealt with that first. Ah well"

She takes the items that Hamael had sent to her earlier.

"I'll return these to Hamael."

Sunae leaves and heads to the Volcano. On the way to see Gabriel, she bumps into Hamael and hands him the items

"Thank you for these. We did learn quite a bit, including a new threat and the fact the we were tricked."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:28 AM   #3733
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
In the meantime...

After Sunae watched Glen and Mo-mo disappear, she looked to the others who remained.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to report this to my Lady. Hopefully we'll be able to get Mo-mo to get the information we need from the Huntmen. In retrospect, we probably should have dealt with that first. Ah well"

She takes the items that Hamael had sent to her earlier.

"I'll return these to Hamael."

Sunae leaves and heads to the Volcano. On the way to see Gabriel, she bumps into Hamael and hands him the items

"Thank you for these. We did learn quite a bit, including a new threat and the fact the we were tricked."
Tonight Hamael seems to have gotten some overflow from Lawrence's queue. He handles his immediate supplicant and then greets the next in line, only to pull Sunae to the front of the 'line'. He knows what this is about.

He accepts the phonograph at first but leaves the poppy in her hand. (Remember that the poppy makes one relaxed and inclined to speak one's mind.) "The one who used this--is he okay? Did he give it willingly or did you have to pry it away? Does he need more Essence? Is he disoriented? It can have strong effects on the inexperienced."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"First things first, we get the hell out of Dodge." Glen looks around in annoyance. "Where's Ryuki gotten to?"
Shuck answers that question with a turn of his head, his version of a point. Into town, it says.

"I'll got get him." Mo-Mo is soooo helpful he heads in the direction that Shuck pointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley1013 View Post
She rattles off the address of her modest home in Windsor Hills. "I'm going to apologize in advance for the mess. I know it's also gonna be odd in there due to all the gamer crap."
Corat lets himself out of the bar and Kane soon follows, figuring Glen could handle one compliant demon better than Corat could handle the one that ice-cubed Kane. If he was worried about starting a fight they couldn't finish, he needn't have worried. The demon or demons who knocked Cameron out were gone. They'd moved her unconscious body, apparently considering taking her hostage before changing their minds. Her stuff, though, not so lucky. Anything remotely related to an old Apple computer is gone and a few other things as well. A small laptop is also missing albeit one that didn't work all that well anyway, but significantly a handful of flash drives, the ones containing the kinds of things that Cameron didn't talk about in polite company. Whoever Michael White was, he knew his computers well, though not so well that he didn't ditch those old jelly-bean Apples for something more recent.

Unfortunately with the old Caddy he drove up in it would be easy enough to hide most of that junk from your average patrol cop.

Corat checked the place carefully and then checked Cameron for injuries before waking her. She was completely unharmed outside of a small bump on the head from hitting the side of a table on the way down. "Well, the good news is he doesn't appear to have hurt you bodily. How's your insurance policy?"
Old 11-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #3734
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Tonight Hamael seems to have gotten some overflow from Lawrence's queue. He handles his immediate supplicant and then greets the next in line, only to pull Sunae to the front of the 'line'. He knows what this is about.

He accepts the phonograph at first but leaves the poppy in her hand. (Remember that the poppy makes one relaxed and inclined to speak one's mind.) "The one who used this--is he okay? Did he give it willingly or did you have to pry it away? Does he need more Essence?
"No, no. Mitch is fine. We got a lot of important information which I feel makes finding the Huntsman very important. Mitch went to submit a report to his Superior and I to my Lady. Since you are here I am willing to tell you what we've discovered. I trust you will report to whomever you feel needs to know."

And she waits for his response before continuing.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 11-17-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #3735
Dalillama

Quote:

Shuck answers that question with a turn of his head, his version of a point. Into town, it says.

"I'll got get him." Mo-Mo is soooo helpful he heads in the direction that Shuck pointed.
Glen catches his collar and hauls him back. "You will stay where I can see you. If you weren't you and she weren't her, I'd have you carry Sunae while we look, but I just can't see that going anywhere good, so we're just going to wait here until she wakes up or Ryuki gets back.
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #3736
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
"No, no. Mitch is fine. We got a lot of important information which I feel makes finding the Huntsman very important. Mitch went to submit a report to his Superior and I to my Lady. Since you are here I am willing to tell you what we've discovered. I trust you will report to whomever you feel needs to know."

And she waits for his response before continuing.
Hamael is pleased. "I would like that." If the poppy is still in sight he will put out a hand to receive it but only a gentle hint. He's not in any hurry to get that one back.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #3737
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Hamael is pleased. "I would like that." If the poppy is still in sight he will put out a hand to receive it but only a gentle hint. He's not in any hurry to get that one back.
She hands it back and tells him everything they have discovered.

"And now we have discovered that there is an impending attack on a Media Tether. It is vital that there be no Angels in Japan so the enemy doesn't think we were the ones responsible for the attack. Maybe then they would realize there is a third party involved."

"We were hoping to discover where the missing Huntsman is. The last time we were searching for them, they were watching through a magic mirror what their compatriot were doing. I was hoping we'd be able to look at it again."
Old 11-17-2015, 08:26 PM   #3738
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mich's wings dip as his snake body coils down in a bow "Thank you my Lord." He makes himself comfortable on the pole, all six of his eyes towards Marc "As I'm sure you know, I have been working with a somewhat eclectic group of angels and humans. Recently we have come across disturbing information that the War may be heating up" He goes on to describe their recent adventures and the conclusions the group has reached.
Marc steeples his fingers in thought. At one time, an expensive wristwatch would have gleamed in the heavenly light; these days, the affectation would seem old-fashioned. Five more years, he mused, maybe 10, before it would be "retro" enough to bring out again. Michael would consider it useless, but such trinkets had their ways of putting others at ease, even setting a subconscious tone of respect.

So did listening and etiquette. "Thank you, Mitchem," the Archangel says, inclining his head slightly. "You do have a gift for interesting situations." Another moment's thought before he comes out with the question that every executive has asked of every subordinate in every company:

"And what are your recommendations?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:21 AM   #3739
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
She hands it back and tells him everything they have discovered.

"And now we have discovered that there is an impending attack on a Media Tether. It is vital that there be no Angels in Japan so the enemy doesn't think we were the ones responsible for the attack. Maybe then they would realize there is a third party involved."

"We were hoping to discover where the missing Huntsman is. The last time we were searching for them, they were watching through a magic mirror what their compatriot were doing. I was hoping we'd be able to look at it again."
"I see little problem with that the small matter of stealth not being caught," he says, addressing the matter of the mirror though his thoughts are clearly on the impending attack. "What I can't quite grasp is why hit Japan the same pantheon twice? The other ethereals might be cross with them for their deal with Media they can hardly blame them for the saint Musashi, but antagonizing them now would only send them into our arms for protection and sooner allows them better terms. Unless there's another purpose for pulling all angels out at short notice fishy to the point of scary, and you were deceived please forgive the possibility no slur on your intelligence is intended."

An Arabic-looking Malakite brushes Sunae gently from behind, making eye contact and asking to be let through. After acknowledging her, Mahmud jumps into the conversation. "Put away the chessboard, Hamael, cold strategy game you old fossil and sit at the dinner table listen to your heart factor in cultural preferences." He's speaking in metaphor; there is no table. "Imagine this: Send all the angels away, attack the tethers all of them I know something of the attack already of the one demon with any real foothold more than one tether there, and you've cleared away the competition for their affections loyalties. After that all you have to do is bring the food brotherhood goodwill and Essence." As Hamael pauses to reflect on that, Mahmud greets Sunae properly with a bow and an outstretched hand.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #3740
ladyarcana55

Quote:
"I see little problem with that the small matter of stealth not being caught," he says, addressing the matter of the mirror though his thoughts are clearly on the impending attack. "What I can't quite grasp is why hit Japan the same pantheon twice? The other ethereals might be cross with them for their deal with Media they can hardly blame them for the saint Musashi, but antagonizing them now would only send them into our arms for protection and sooner allows them better terms. Unless there's another purpose for pulling all angels out at short notice fishy to the point of scary, and you were deceived please forgive the possibility no slur on your intelligence is intended."

An Arabic-looking Malakite brushes Sunae gently from behind, making eye contact and asking to be let through. After acknowledging her, Mahmud jumps into the conversation. "Put away the chessboard, Hamael, cold strategy game you old fossil and sit at the dinner table listen to your heart factor in cultural preferences." He's speaking in metaphor; there is no table. "Imagine this: Send all the angels away, attack the tethers all of them I know something of the attack already of the one demon with any real foothold more than one tether there, and you've cleared away the competition for their affections loyalties. After that all you have to do is bring the food brotherhood goodwill and Essence." As Hamael pauses to reflect on that, Mahmud greets Sunae properly with a bow and an outstretched hand.
Sunae returns the bow, but not the hand.

"They warned us of this to repay us for our aid in saving one of their Tethers. I do not doubt them because they are honor-bound and they do take that seriously, even as others do not. Some of the Old Ethereals want to force the War to escalate to the point of bring the End Times. If their Tether is attacked, Hell will automatically assume it is an attack by Heaven and will react accordingly. I don't feel we should risk that right now. A War on one front is bad enough, but a second front? I don't like that. I do not think it is wise to ignore their advice. Once the attack happens, their retaliation will be fierce and I fear for the Angels they find. After all, contrary to popular belief, there are worse thins than death, even for Angels. But regardless of what you feel, one thing is certain. We must find the Huntsman."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 11-18-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Tags
in nomine