Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #3231
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae takes a step away from him and looks at him cautiously

"What is wrong with you? You act as if you found a long lost lover."
Her suspicion calms him, just a little. He steeples his hands in front of his face and takes a deep breath. "We have an awful lot of work to do, an awful lot of things that can slow this down. But I promise you this." He pulls his hands away and looks Sunae directly in the eyes. "If I have any say in the matter at all, your children will never live in fear, and if I can help it someday you won't either."

Mr. Noda wants to speak up, but he's cautious of the angels.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #3232
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
Her suspicion calms him, just a little. He steeples his hands in front of his face and takes a deep breath. "We have an awful lot of work to do, an awful lot of things that can slow this down. But I promise you this." He pulls his hands away and looks Sunae directly in the eyes. "If I have any say in the matter at all, your children will never live in fear, and if I can help it someday you won't either."

Kane notices, and gives Mr. Noda the slightest hint of a nod, as friendly as he can make such a small gesture. He might be a Westerner, and a hick of one at that, but he's at least picked up that big "Come on over" welcomes don't necessarily go over well here.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #3233
ladyarcana55

Quote:
blink

"What?"

She looks at Kane with that universal look that says, "Where did that come from?"

Quote:
Sunae looks at Mr Noda, still visibly confused. She bows to him

"My apologies, Noda-san. You had something to say?"

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-14-2014 at 01:53 AM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #3234
Puck

Quote:
Fukui and Noda are more than a little bit embarrassed at this display. Noda's husband, however, turns to Mitch. "I can contact the kami of this place. I am a priest, and I will let them speak through me. With your permission?"

Ryuki is looking for someone else to hug.
Mitch nods at the man "If you would be so kind." He smiles slightly "After all, the sooner we can find the Norse god the sooner we can be out of your hair."
He's happy to let Ryuki hug him, but looks confused "Why the excitement over finding out that Corat was the traveler?"
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:18 AM   #3235
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
blink

"What?"

She looks at Kane with that universal look that says, "Where did that come from?"

Sunae looks at Mr Noda, still visibly confused. She bows to him

"My apologies, Noda-san. You had something to say?"
Corat is relieved to not be the very most clueless in the room this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Kane notices, and gives Mr. Noda the slightest hint of a nod, as friendly as he can make such a small gesture. He might be a Westerner, and a hick of one at that, but he's at least picked up that big "Come on over" welcomes don't necessarily go over well here.
"Fear not Mr. Noda. If anyone here is going to be a hard-nose, it will be that angel. Speak freely."

Mr. Noda accepts. "I will call them." He steps slightly to one side for a moment, chanting softly. His wife watches protectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch nods at the man "If you would be so kind." He smiles slightly "After all, the sooner we can find the Norse god the sooner we can be out of your hair."
He's happy to let Ryuki hug him, but looks confused "Why the excitement over finding out that Corat was the traveler?"
"How to explain, how to explain." Ryuki takes a moment to choose his words. "You remember Gerhard. He would have ended my life, quickly, had I failed his tests. Even the friendship I built there would only have bought me a minute to ask why. This guy," he points at Corat, "bought me ten years."

"I had help."

This is only mildly surprising to Ryuki. "Yes, but your neck, stuck out there, kept me off the evil-must-die list while I grew the f--- up. And you stuck it out there for these folks too, and clearly you lost that battle, but you fought it. And you survived. Now I'm on your side." He's overwhelmed for just a second; even his ego is not quite that big. "This is so much sooner than I expected," he says quietly, taking deep breaths.

"You can convince--together we can, the lot of us--the angels that these spirits...who they are." Words begin to fall apart.

Mr. Noda turns back to them, a tiny smile on his face, but he waits.

"It isn't...angels vs demons with spirits on the side, and people for the battleground. It's people, and our spirits, deciding which way to go. It's a--do you understand at all?" He looks around, wondering if his rantings have made any sense at all, worried that they haven't.

Mr. Noda puts a hand, mere fingertips, on his shoulder to cut into the conversation. "We are the guards of this castle." ((Dammit I have historical references for them too, and can't find them right this second!)) "Our lord sends his eternal gratitude for saving it. He also agrees to this debt, and will help you find the demon in this city. Demons aren't wanted here, and he won't last long.

"He also promises to find the Norse god, discover his intentions, and then to help you locate him."
Old 09-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #3236
Dalillama

Glen does a reasonably good job of hiding his confusion about these goings-on from the humans, but the superhuman perceptions of the Celestials can tell he's faking his confidence.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:18 AM   #3237
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Glen does a reasonably good job of hiding his confusion about these goings-on from the humans, but the superhuman perceptions of the Celestials can tell he's faking his confidence.
Corat fills him in with uncharacteristic snark. "He thinks I'm going to break ranks and save the world. On the bright side, their trusting me here means we can make a deal that will hold up. A little teeny tiny piece of the world."

If Ryuki or any of the castle folk heard him, they're ignoring it.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #3238
Puck

Quote:
Corat fills him in with uncharacteristic snark. "He thinks I'm going to break ranks and save the world. On the bright side, their trusting me here means we can make a deal that will hold up. A little teeny tiny piece of the world."

"Well, saving the world is rather important you must admit. Just what sort of deal are we talking about here?" Mitch asks with professional curiosity.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #3239
Dalillama

Quote:

"Save it from whom, exactly?"
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #3240
tHEhERETIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
"Well, saving the world is rather important you must admit. Just what sort of deal are we talking about here?" Mitch asks with professional curiosity.
Corat is charmed, though not surprised. "That's partly up to the kami--deals are always a couple parties, aren't they?" Like battles, he thought, letting the thought cross his face. "Work together openly, with Musashi's assistance? Allow some more contact between ancestors and their kin? I don't know exactly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
"Save it from whom, exactly?"
"Armageddon? Purity? Baal? I don't know."

Quote:
Mr. Noda puts a hand, mere fingertips, on his shoulder to cut into the conversation. "We are the guards of this castle." ((Dammit I have historical references for them too, and can't find them right this second!)) "Our lord sends his eternal gratitude for saving it. He also agrees to this debt, and will help you find the demon in this city. Demons aren't wanted here, and he won't last long.

"He also promises to find the Norse god, discover his intentions, and then to help you locate him."
Ryuki has spared a moment's attention to listen to his friend's answer, and seems just a little disappointed. It doesn't last though, as he has other things on his plate. "That sounds good to me, but I have to ask the others. May I have a name for you?"

This causes some confusion within, like a small flock of magpies panicked inside Mr. Noda's head. His wife offers a sympathetic hand, but he waves it away. "We are Hosogawa's last vassals."

To Ryuki, it might as well have been 'We are employees of the grocery store.' As much as he wanted to be friends, he was trained as a businessman. "Is there not one name I can address you by? I am Watari Ryuki, of Nagasaki."

Might as well have been 'I am Guido Corleone from Chicago.' "Chojuro. It is the best we can do, outside of our lord."

A low bow. "We have imposed so much. Please bear with us a moment longer while my friends decide."

Tags
in nomine