Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #161
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Michael)

The timing device is a mechanical mechanism, driven by what is essentially a timer clock. Its very robustly built and its made to strongly pull when it runs out of time. Something like a timed mouse trap.

The tunnels are fairly winding. How close to the "Monsters" does he plan to get?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #162
Friendpmcii

I use the gun rounds to mark which turns to make. As far as possible that allows me to observe there basic actions with a scope, I have a theory they are more intelligent than seems.
Friendpmcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:10 PM   #163
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Sorry, when I say the tunnels are winding, I mean that if you're farther than 20 yards from something, you're unlikely to be able to see it, because it will be around a corner. So is he willing to get within 5 yards of a sarmag so he can actually look at it? How close is too close?

Also, its really dark in here. how will he get one of the few light sources for this trip?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-31-2018, 02:01 PM   #164
Friendpmcii

Yea, that's too dangerous. Scrap that plan, let's wait with the group. But it still seems odd that it attacked Traub and not me. Yea, I think I will go. Michael looks for one of the unlit spares and lights it to walk off after dropping off his weapon with/next to Traub, This will likely do more harm then good, best leave it. I better keep the rounds for turning and spy glass to aid in conversation/trade. They will work about me if I don't tell them where I'm going. Michael finds an awake worker some distance in another room of possible from Traub, to reduce odds of him waking up, and sais pointing to myself sarmage then pointing in the direction I am going to go, if they try to follow I stop them holding out my hand and repeat untill they get the point to not follow.

Min of intuition to decide which way to go.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:22 AM   #165
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Michael packed a lantern when he came. The man he borrows fire from mutters "Hutterite", but lets him light it.

Finding his way back through the tunnels isn't hard. The illusions mark the correct path. He makes it back to the mural they fought the sarmag in, and then to the place where the sarmag had rested. Small chips of shell and bullets lie around the cavern.

Old 09-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #166
Friendpmcii

Michael looks for the body, a little surprised it isn't there. He then decides to take the opportunity to look at the shell and ammunition to see if there is anything he can make out of it that may be helpful.

Phocusing on the bullets as there is not likely a reason they would be left after taking the thing down. Also looking for char marks on any of them Well at least the shells are evidence of it being a real sarmage. Michael packs the extra rounds, he knows how to make use of spare metal.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #167
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

His closer inspection reveals no burn marks on the bullets, though they are quite deformed. The chips of shell are sometimes fairly large, and Michael can determine that the shell is at least a full inch thick.

He is able to find some blood on the ground. At least he thinks it might be blood. Its a strange bright blue liquid. maybe it was here before, but he doesn't think so. There isn't enough of it to indicate that the sarmag bled to death, but there are more than a few different drops.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:04 PM   #168
Friendpmcii

Wow that is a powerful beast. Michael stays clear of the blood, Last thing I need is for it to be able to smell it's own kind of blood on me. Michael decides to keep going on. Well guess I am out of reach of the fire trap, unless there blood is fire resistant. Michael chuckles to himself as he look to follow the blood trail, It just might be.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #169
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The trail leads down the passage. Its difficult to find the blood, and its slow going. One of the other two large passages has a few speckles of the blood though.

How long will he follow the passage?

Old 09-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #170
Friendpmcii

Probably to dangerous to sleep though it's out sufficently far. Michael keeps marking the direction he is going, should be ok if I am gone for about an hour... But I should try to come back relatively close to after the two hour mark, just in case they open the door. Michael decides to keep to the trail for a little over an hour then turns back, leaving marks so he can pick up afterwards.

Its not an exact science with often being 15mins off but the way back will be faster so it shouldn't be an issue.

Tags
lost in dreams