Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
jj234

Default A-10 Stats

I need stats for the actual plane, AGM-65/F ATGM and Hydra 70 (M229 warhead) for my military campaign. I already have the GAU-8/A stats. Thanks!
jj234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
Kale

Default Re: A-10 Stats

The Hydra 70mm rocket stats are in High Tech, and the Maverick might be extrapolated from the TOW in the same book, although the Maverick carries a much larger explosive warhead.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #3
RyanW

Just to be clear, the AGM-65F is the naval variant, for anti-ship use. It is practically identical to the AGM-65G, except for unspecified "optimizations" to the guidance for targeting ships.

I can't find good numbers for the weapon. The heavyweight warhead of the E/F/G/H/J/K models is 300 pound with 80 pounds of explosive filler, but I haven't been able to find what filler is used. If it is something like RDX, it would give an explosive followup in the neighborhood of 6d*23 [6d*2] cr exp. Someone else will have to come up with the basic damage. Do numbers this high break Douglas Cole's formulas? Range is about 350/24000 (remember that for guided weapons, 1/2D is replaced with velocity in yd/s). Acc is best pulled off similar weapons. Total weight is 675 lbs.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
jj234

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Just to be clear, the AGM-65F is the naval variant, for anti-ship use. It is practically identical to the AGM-65G, except for unspecified "optimizations" to the guidance for targeting ships.

I can't find good numbers for the weapon. The heavyweight warhead of the E/F/G/H/J/K models is 300 pound with 80 pounds of explosive filler, but I haven't been able to find what filler is used. If it is something like RDX, it would give an explosive followup in the neighborhood of 6d*23 [6d*2] cr exp. Someone else will have to come up with the basic damage. Do numbers this high break Douglas Cole's formulas? Range is about 350/24000 (remember that for guided weapons, 1/2D is replaced with velocity in yd/s). Acc is best pulled off similar weapons. Total weight is 675 lbs.
My mistake; thank you for the stats for the Maverick, but what about the actual plane? What are it's stats. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #5
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
Someone else will have to come up with the basic damage. Do numbers this high break Douglas Cole's formulas?
Maybe, maybe not, but probably. I get up to the one-ton projectiles of the 406mm guns of the Iowa battleships, but my model doesn't quite line up with that due to where I chose to optimize.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:53 AM   #6
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Some plane and armament stats can be found in Pyramid 3/53 - Action. They can be used for comparisons and benchmarks, I suppose.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
gruundehn

Stats for the A-10 (I used to work it): AWESOME!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
jj234

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruundehn View Post
Stats for the A-10 (I used to work it): AWESOME!!!
Excuse me? Do you mean you have used A-10 stats before? If so, could you please give me a link or something?

Last edited by jj234; 04-21-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #9
Dwarf99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj234 View Post
Excuse me? Do you mean you have used A-10 stats before? If so, could you please give me a link or something?
I think he meant that stats for the A-10 are awesome because he's dealt with it from an occupational standpoint. They were in the Guiness book of World Records for the most bullet holes in a plane that landed safely.
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
jj234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf99 View Post
I think he meant that stats for the A-10 are awesome because he's dealt with it from an occupational standpoint. They were in the Guiness book of World Records for the most bullet holes in a plane that landed safely.
That is pretty awesome

Tags
a-10, atgm, gurps, military