Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
PBarone714

Default Help me: Autoduel 1st ed. Weapons Statistics

I am trying to use GURPS Autoduel 1st ed. for vehicular combat. The weapons table shows a P-B and Inc. statistic instead of Acc (and SS). I think the book was intended to use GURPS 2nd or 1st ed. rules. What does P-B and Inc. mean? How do I convert that to Acc?
PBarone714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:42 PM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Help me: Autoduel 1st ed. Weapons Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarone714 View Post
I am trying to use GURPS Autoduel 1st ed. for vehicular combat. The weapons table shows a P-B and Inc. statistic instead of Acc (and SS). I think the book was intended to use GURPS 2nd or 1st ed. rules. What does P-B and Inc. mean? How do I convert that to Acc?
Autoduel 1e was for Gurps 1e and as it predated High Tech 1e it's ranged weapon stats are incompatible with any books after HT. Look at how low the weapons damage is for one thing.

From distant memory "P-B" is "Point-blank" and "Inc" is "increment" which was something like how great a distance it required before the range band of the weapon increased. The Speed/Range table was not invented yet and range penalties were by "range band".

You might lok at the Gurps Resources" at the SJGames site for a 1e to 2e or 3e conversion document and sort of reverse engineer what you'd need to use Autoduel 1e by itself. You aren't going to be able to use it in concert with virtually any other Gurps book.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:38 AM   #3
Skarg

That's right. There was no range/speed table. Inc. was the increment in 1-yard hexes for every -1 to hit due to range. PB was the point-blank bracket inside which you got +4 to hit and did +1 damage. SS was Snap Shot, the effective skill you needed to have to be able to shoot without getting a -4 penalty (unless you Aimed for at least 1 second). 1/2 D was the range at which the projectile would do half damage and lose any Accuracy bonus.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:29 AM   #4
ColBosch

I would ignore the Autoduel 1e weapons tables almost entirely. Instead, use the name of whatever weapon as a guide to finding a "close enough" equivalent in a more-recent sourcebook. Just keep in mind that the standard Car Wars machine gun is something in the .30-caliber range, like the M1919 or M240. It is fully thematically appropriate to have the SMG be an Uzi and heavy pistol be a Desert Eagle.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote