Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #61
Opellulo

Default Re: Quick & Dirty conversion of D20SRD Monsters to GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo
They should probably have "ordinary" DR 2 on top of that - just to represent scales.
I was in fact thinking the same... If you apply the Collective_Restraint guidelines (wich i find quite good) a mature Dragon got something like 22 "natural" AC: it traslates into 11 "ordinary" DR + 5 "against all non magical weapons" DR = 16 DR... (and can be more for older ones) Nasty beasts in settings without assault rifles; but I think this copy better the "awesome, huge, all powerful, D&D Big D."
Old 01-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #62
Collective_Restraint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opellulo
I was in fact thinking the same... If you apply the Collective_Restraint guidelines (wich i find quite good) a mature Dragon got something like 22 "natural" AC: it traslates into 11 "ordinary" DR + 5 "against all non magical weapons" DR = 16 DR... (and can be more for older ones) Nasty beasts in settings without assault rifles; but I think this copy better the "awesome, huge, all powerful, D&D Big D."
Snipped for space. My version of the Ancient Black Dragon
Dodge: 9 Parry: N/A DR: 15
Traits: Amphibious; Crushing Striker (Tail; Cannot Parry; Limited Arc: straight behind only); Crushing Striker (Wings; Cannot Parry; Limited Arc: from the sides only); Dark Vision; Doesn’t Breathe (Gills); DR 7 (against all non magical weapons); DR 20 (against acid); Enhanced Move 0.5 (Air Speed 18); Extra Attack 3; Flight (Winged; Handling Penalty -1); Immunity (Sleep effects); Immunity (Paralysis effects); Magery 3; Magic Resistance 3 (Improved); Night Vision 5; Quadruped; Sharp Claws; Sharp Teeth; Vibration Sense (Universal).
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #63
Opellulo

Ok, it's official: i'm blind and annoying... Club me to the death!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #64
Collective_Restraint

I had time to add the critters from the White Plume Mountain conversion found in this thread on my website (look in my sig). You can find the conversion under -> Articles -> Dungeon Fantasy -> Quick & Dirty conversion of D20SRD Monsters to GURPS. The number of critters available is now up to 69. Enjoy !
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #65
jamesfoxbr

I made conversion of All chromatic and metallic dragons on my site: http://jamesfoxbr.blogspot.com/searc...l/Drag%C3%B5es
The site is Portuguese, but the traits use English

Red Dragon Example: http://jamesfoxbr.blogspot.com/2011/...-vermelho.html
jamesfoxbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #66
jacobmuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmunoz View Post
My quick rule of thumb is that if the STR -> ST conversion is more than 2x what the ST would be based on weight, every additional multiple or fraction of a multiple gets shaved off and converted to Striking ST and a level of Hard to Kill. After the whole conversion is done, then I go back and tweak the results. For the most part a straight STR -> ST conversion works fine, though.
I popped in for a look at the beasties - not my scene but great work - and the first I looked at was the Ankheg. Giant insect, yes? Description says 10ft 800lb. I'd be tempted to up the stats to ST30, DR6 and SM+1 so kmunoz suggestion (quoted above) would appear to apply.
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #67
Bruno

Google Translate does a functional job of translating your site to English, if not a very nice job. Good work!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #68
ZSE

I know this is a really old thread necro, but I am seriously grasping at strings here. Does anyone still have a pdf archive of Collective_Restraint's D&D monster conversions? Or is it included in someone's else bestiary? Since there is no full official Bestiary book for 4th edition, I was trying to gather every bestiary creature I can find that are from good, expansive sources. As someone who loves D&D, his collection sounds awesome.
ZSE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestiary, conversion, d&d, d&d to gurps