Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Accepted101

Default Creating the physical custom card

So I have ideas for plenty of custom cards I would like to create. I am not concerned with insuring that my cards are balanced or have a reasonable ratio of doors to treasures ect.

I need help actually designing and creating the physical cards. I would like my cards to look and feel like they came from a warehouse 23 box. In fact I would love if they could have the adventure time door and treasure emblems on the back. I realize I can get blank cards but I don't want to hand draw on my cards. I have spesific pictures that I would like printed on my cards, because again I want them to look and feel like professionally made cards. Any suggestions?
Accepted101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
HappyWackers

Default Re: Creating the physical custom card

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=140746
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=136447

Read the forum pages posted above please. - Especially Andrew's comments

This is a very common question.

There are a few companies who will print them on the back of blank cards, but I would not recommend it. You should not send any of your designs or art work to a third party vendor for printing.

Printing them yourself on the blank cards is the best option. Plastic sheet option on specific printers would work just fine. Just align everything correctly. Sheet labels work fine as well, just make sure you choose a stronger variant of each color.

Many printers can handle heavy stock paper, which is stronger and thicker than the SJG cards. Make sure you do a few test prints to find the correct values to print with. Yes, I have done this before with my Munchkin cards, and they look great. Credit goes to the great artist I used, and the Inkjet printer. Kinkos and stores alike will print your designs on the cards you provide them as well. Just do not have a third party actually print the cards themselves.
Message me if you have any specific questions on the at home printing process.
HappyWackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:38 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Yeah, I deleted a message that leads to a person who is pretty blatantly infringing our copyrights and trademarks. Don't do that. Don't link to that. (Unless it's in a private email to netcell@sjgames.com alerting us that someone's being a little too free with our IP.)

We are happy for people to create custom cards and even to share those pictures online. We are not happy for people to monetize that on a small or large scale. If you really want to try, contact licensing@sjgames.com and ask about our terms. Thanks.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:40 AM   #4
berger

Sorry about my earlier post. I didn't realize that they were infringing. I just thought they were offering to print custom artwork onto cards.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote