Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
DrFaust
MIB

Default Re: INWO: Custom Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmoid View Post
Any other suggestions? I really don't have any solid ideas.
Coral Castle and the Winchester House?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #22
plasmoid

Hi DrFaust,
a haunted house - heh, not a bad idea. Thanks.
I just remembered the Giant's Causeway. Seems a magical place too.

As for the other thing, DrFaus, in INWO there are 2 sets of "affiliations" - alignments and attributes.
Corporate is an alignment, it's opposite is Government.
Space and Green are attributes - for Example Al Gore is green and NASA is space.

Cheers
Martin
plasmoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #23
Holden

Quote:
Oh hey Holden,
nice batch of cards :)

A quick question: What did you do to the pictures to make them look slightly less "photographic". It works pretty well. Is it a paintshop function?
Thanks! I just wish I was good enough at photoshop to make the backgrounds look like the real cards... when I get that figured out I'll have to re-do them all. I use one of the photoshop artistic filters on the pictures, I started doing it so they looked more like drawing... I use either the "cutout" option, ussually just the straight "cutout" function under that or, if the it looks better (sometimes it does) the second option... I forget what tis called, drybrush I think? And the pictures, in case you want to know, all comef rom google image search. I ussually just put in the card name and find the best looking picture, although as I get better at photoshop I'm getting better at adding things together...
Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #24
plasmoid

Hi Holden,
I've got some good photoshop templates lying around for creating "proper" groups, plots and resources. If you're interested, just drop me a line: plasmoid at hotmail dot com
Old 11-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #25
Holden

e-mail sent!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #26
plasmoid

I've seen it :)
Will reply as soon as I can get to my other computer. May take a day or two.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #27
Holden

Quote:
I've seen it :)
Will reply as soon as I can get to my other computer. May take a day or two.
Thanks soooooo much plasmoid! I'm in the middle of re-doing all the cards I've done, AND I just got my POP of blank cards, just in time to get ready for some games Friday! So I'll re-post the re-done cards as well as some new ones in the next little bit!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
Holden

So redone cards are now up on the first page of this! Going to work on some more now and post them up, thank you so much Plasmoid for the photoshop templates! By the way, if you have photoshop the easiest way to print them out onto the balnk cards is to open one of the files in photoshop, print it out on a page, then tape a balnk card over that image and it should print out just about on it!

ALSO I just found out about a place called "Bohemian Grove", how is this NOT a card yet? It's like something straight out of the Illuminatis triligy! Wikipedia it if you don't know what it is... any ways, here's the card I came up with, but I think it needs some work, any ideas?

-----------
Bohemian Grove
--------------
Place? (It IS a place, but should it just be a group?)
Conservative, Weird (not sure about this... there are so many reports of weird stuff they do, but is this appropriate?)

Gives a +4 to control of personalities, but may only directly control male personalities. (is the bonus high enough, does the limitation make sense?)

Power 4 Resistance 6
Control arrows 3
Two control arrows

And here is the Afganistan card I used to use, but it needs some balancing... help?

--------
Afghanistan
-----------
place

Power 5 Resistance 7 (thinking the power is to high?)

Government, Violent, Criminal, Fanatic
Nation (should it be huge?)

Groups with Corproate or Fanatic alignments receive a +5 bonus instead of the normal -4 to control Afghanistan. Afghanistan has a +12 to directly control any criminal group.

and this one I might have posted before, but I need help "fixing" it up before I make the card:
--------------------
Star Wars Fans
----------------
Peacful, Weird
Media, Computer (does computer fit?), ((We had decided not to make them space because we felt they werne't actually space oriented, only in their head... do you all agree, does that even make sense? ))

While Star Wars Fans are in your power structure all your space groups get -2 to their power do to lack of respect, but gain +2 to their resistance because of the fans support of all things that might make their fantasies reality. (looking at this now I'm thinking it should be -1, not -2, and does there need to be a note stating it can't lower anyones power below 1?)

Power 1 Resistance 2
1 Control arrow

okay... another one I need help before I finish the card:
-----------------
Virgin Army (the picture is a busty teen girl wearing a tight tee-shirt that has a cherry on it and says Iron Hymen)
-----------------
Straight, Conservative, Fanatic

Sex sells, but not to these teens! Of course, that dosn't stop them from flaunting their virgin bodies around!
Virgin Army is immune to Media attacks and has a +6 for any direct control of a male personality.

Power 2 REsistance 6
2 Control arrows (this is the main point I'm having troubles with, looking at it now I'm thinking just one controll arrow?)

Last edited by Holden; 11-06-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #29
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post

And here is the Afganistan card I used to use, but it needs some balancing... help?

--------
Afghanistan
-----------
place

Power 5 Resistance 7 (thinking the power is to high?)

Government, Violent, Criminal, Fanatic
Nation (should it be huge?)

Groups with Corproate or Fanatic alignments receive a +5 bonus instead of the normal -4 to control Afghanistan. Afghanistan has a +12 to directly control any criminal group.
I'd go with Power 3 but crank the Resistance up to 8 or 9 -- Afghanistan is notoriously difficult for ANYONE to control, as centuries' worth of failed invasions demonstrate.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:33 AM   #30
Holden

Put some new cards up, I think all ones that are re-do's from Plasmoid. I think one of them is from your site... at this point I've lost track of where all the good ideas came from... sorry. I know the card in question is Heavy Rain and that my buddies and I added a line to it. Also, I'm going to start doing the title and other texting in yellow because it shows up better when I print it out on the blank cards...

Tags
inwo