Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #241
Ragitsu
Banned

Default Re: New Talents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
Why would other spouses like you for being good at cheating?
Any suggestions, then?
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #242
Lonewulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
You've never been forced to watch daytime soaps, have you?
Oh, so you're playing GURPS Soap Opera. I was thinking of less cinematic campaigns. ;)
She'll bring in a murderous prize
~Blind Guardian

My Writing.com
Lonewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #243
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
You've never been forced to watch daytime soaps, have you?
Ore Read/watched Casanova?
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #244
Lonewulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
Any suggestions, then?
Well, for one, I wouldn't make a talent called Cheating Spouse. Maybe Secret Romance, which would mostly affect people that like con men or interested lovers.
She'll bring in a murderous prize
~Blind Guardian

My Writing.com
Lonewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #245
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
Well, for one, I wouldn't make a talent called Cheating Spouse. Maybe Secret Romance, which would mostly affect people that like con men or interested lovers.
Or those that feel sympathy for star-crossed lovers. There are lots of times I see people make excuses for the cheater and try to put the blame on the one cheated on. Something makes them do that, so why not that reaction bonus?
Flyndaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #246
Mateus

Some are mine. Some are revised versions of talents in the books and one is a sugestion of a friend in this forun:

Born From The Land [5/lvl]: This Talent adds to Animal Handling, Farming, Fishing, Gardening, Survival and Weather Sense.

Born War Leader [5/lvl]: This Talent adds to Intelligence Analysis, Leadership, Military Science, Savoir-Faire (Military), Strategy and Tactics.

Elven Grace [5/lvl]: This Talent adds to Climbing, Dancing, Jumping, Light Walk, Poetry and Stealth.

Goodwife [5/lvl]: This Talent adds to Cooking, Diagnosis, First Aid, Gardening, Housekeeping and Sewing.

Halfling Hospitality [5/lvl]: This Talent adds to Carousing, Cooking, Dancing, Housekeeping, Singing and Public Speaking.

Outdoorsman [10/lvl]: This Talent adds to Animal Handling, Camouflage, Climbing, Fishing, Hiking, Mimicry, Naturalist, Navigation, Survival, Swimming, Tracking and Weather Sense.

Ruler By Right [10/lvl]: This Talent adds to Administration, Current Affairs, Detect Lies, Diplomacy, Finance, Intimidation, Leadership, Law, Politics, Public Speaking, Savoir-Faire and Strategy.

Widget-Worker [5/lvl]: This Talent adds to Engineer, Lockpicking, Machinist, Mechanic, Scrounging and Traps.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:38 AM   #247
Figleaf23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie the Technomancer View Post
First, this Talent is not for the common street impersonator or the typical sweet talker. It is for the ninja or assassin who's role it is to infiltrate places, not by stealth, but by blending in.

Accordingly, no Fast-Talk. As I said, this is not a sweet talker who has the knowledge of plying people to his will. Of course an individual can learn Fast-Talk by himself, but it doesn't fit with this particular Talent.

Streetwise and SF(servant) are to impersonate low-level criminals and servants, yes; attitudes that doesn't really need to be taught. I see other types of Savoir-Faire as too elaborate: Savoir-Faire(Priest) probably includes a lot of different protocols for each church, and (Military) is more about navigating the army's internal bureaucracy. I can't see justifying a natural affinity for such skills, at least not for an impersonator.

Maybe Savoir-Faire (or more precisely, Savoir-Faire(Nobility)) could have been part of it, but again, for me this is more something that is learned than something that is instinctively understood by someone who is not part of the nobility. The line is thin, I know, but that's my choice, and it has been approved by the GM :)
Personally, I would not specify any type for the Savoir-Faire element. The same adaptibility applies to all of the variations, so the Talent can too. It doesn't change the cost.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #248
B9anders

There have been a few takes in the athletic department, but I think this one fills a logical niche that is both suitably and reasonably outlined:

Talent (Natural Mobility): You have a knack for moving around as long as it involves your own two hands and feet. Reaction bonus: Athletes. Talent adds to: Acrobatics, climbing, hiking, jumping, running, swimming. 5 point/level.

Last edited by B9anders; 01-03-2010 at 03:09 AM.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #249
LemmingLord

Bad Boy

Brawling
Carousing
Driving
Forced Entry
Filch
Holdout
Intimidation
Mechanic
Sex Appeal
Streetwise
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #250
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by B9anders View Post
There have been a few takes in the athletic department, but I think this one fills a logical niche that is both suitably and reasonably outlined:

Talent (Mobility): You have a knack for moving around as long as it involves your own two hands and feet. Reaction bonus: Athletes. Talent adds to: Acrobatics, climbing, hiking, jumping, running, swimming. 5 point/level.
How is that not like basic dexterity?
Flyndaran is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, talents