Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 AM   #201
Black Rose

Default Re: New Talents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmuller
  • AMSW [±5]: Performance, Singing, Dancing, Mimicry (Speech), Acting (Impersonation).
I feel dumb for asking, since I'll probably realize it the instant I see it, but what is AMSW?
Old 02-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #202
jacobmuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose
[/list]I feel dumb for asking, since I'll probably realize it the instant I see it, but what is AMSW?
AMSW: Actress, Model, Singer, Whatever; i.e. one of the myriad hopefuls seeking fame and fortune and of course fame:)

you know what they say, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask... And I personally am exceedingly talented at not even realising there was a question to ask:) Trusting (?) [-15]
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #203
warmachine

I tried to kill this thread but I ran out of bullets.

Gizmo Freak: You love to play with machines, big and small. Skills: Computer Operations, Driving, Electronics Operation, Photography and Piloting. Reaction Bonus: other gizmo freaks. 5 points/level.

Don't Mind Me: When you don't want people to notice you, you appear unimportant. Skills: Disguise, Filch, Observation, Shadowing, Stealth and Pickpocket.Reaction Bonus: thieves and investigators. 5 points/level.

Air hostess: Would you like anything from the duty free trolley?
Tank Girl: Yes! I'd like everything that's bad for me!
- Tank Girl, Tank Girl 3

Last edited by warmachine; 08-09-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Name of one was too long
warmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #204
warmachine

Default Yet more Talents?

Practical Theorist: You can see how to make the hard, abstract theories work for you in a practical way. Skills: Bioengineering, Chemistry, Computer Programming, Engineer, Mathematics (Applied and Computer Science), Metallurgy, Physics, Psychology and Weird Science. Reaction Bonus: Engineers, inventors and applied research scientists. 10 points/level.

- Tank Girl, Tank Girl 3
Old 06-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #205
warmachine

How do I keep on thinking this stuff up?

EQ: Call it Emotional Quotient, female intuition or empathy, you understand people you meet. Skills: Body Language, Detect Lies, Diplomacy, Fast-Talk, Fortune-Telling, Sex Appeal and Teaching. Reaction bonus: those you've helped. 5 points/level.

- Tank Girl, Tank Girl 3
Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #206
warmachine

Life Sciences: Living systems are notoriously difficult to model yet you can do it in your head. Skills: Bioengineering, Biology, Diagnosis, Physiology, Psychology, Sociology. Reaction bonus: Bioengineers, doctors, ecologists and psychologists. 5 points/level.

- Tank Girl, Tank Girl 3
Old 09-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #207
warmachine

Yes, I know I've just listed all the melee skills but I think it makes sense.

Fancy Footwork: In melee, no matter what weapon is used, out maneuvering your opponent always gives you an edge. Skills: Axe/Mace, Brawling, Broadsword, Flail, Force Sword, Force Whip, Jitte/Sai, Judo, Karate, Knife, Kusari, Main-Gauche, Monowire Whip, Polearm, Rapier, Saber, Shortsword, Smallsword, Spear, Staff, Sumo Wrestling, Tonfa, Two-Handed Axe/Mace, Two-Handed Flail, Two-Handed Sword, Whip and Wrestling. Reaction Bonus: martial artists and pre-gunpowder soldiers. 15 points/level.

- Tank Girl, Tank Girl 3

Last edited by warmachine; 09-20-2008 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Type
Old 09-20-2008, 01:38 AM   #208
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachine
How do I keep on thinking this stuff up?

EQ: Call it Emotional Quotient, female intuition or empathy, you understand people you meet. Skills: Body Language, Detect Lies, Diplomacy, Fast-Talk, Fortune-Telling, Sex Appeal and Teaching. Reaction bonus: those you've helped. 5 points/level.
I like that one. The combat talents look wrong, though. IMO, Fancy Footwork should only affect the skills that get +3 on Retreats (some unarmed skills and Fencing skills).
Old 11-25-2008, 02:34 PM   #209
Figleaf23
Banned

In case these are not already fully canvassed:

Insightful Suspicions: Body Language, Criminology, Detect Lies, Forensics, Observation, Psychology (5) (Reaction bonus from investigators and detectives.)

Savvy Traveller: Anthropology, Carousing, Diplomacy, Gesture, Geography, Sav-Faire (5) (Reaction bonus: Locals you meet in foreign places whose cultural norms you show appreciation for.)

Natural Nurturer: Farming, Naturalist, Diplomacy, Gardening, Teaching, Animal Handling, [medicals] (10)

Proprioceptional Excellence: acrobat, lightwalk, freefall, body sense, climbing, dancing, stealth, escape, jumping, parachuting.(10)

Last edited by Figleaf23; 04-10-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #210
Figleaf23
Banned

One more ...

Born-to-the-Sea: Seamanship, Ship handling, Navigation (sea), Swimming, Aquabics, Weather sense, Breath control, Fishing, Boating (any), Survival (Open Ocean, Reef, Island/Beach), and Tactics (Naval). (10)
Figleaf23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, talents