Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-03-2017, 12:47 AM   #791
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Happy GURPS Day. Today I finish my look at the military forces of the aristocracy with aristocratic personnel, including knights as worthies (with details as to how each house shapes its knights)
Old 08-04-2017, 02:22 AM   #792
Mailanka

By Request, a deeper look at the Psi-Wars process, and how I go about building my campaign frameworks (with a bonus riff on a Wainscot fantasy as an example)
Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #793
Apollonian

Have you considered proposing a How To Build Campaign Frameworks book for SJG? Not sure if they're looking for that sort of thing, but it'd be a nice followup to How To Be A GURPS GM, and I'd buy it...
Apollonian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #794
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
Have you considered proposing a How To Build Campaign Frameworks book for SJG? Not sure if they're looking for that sort of thing, but it'd be a nice followup to How To Be A GURPS GM, and I'd buy it...
You're very kind. Perhaps after I've done a couple more and I've worked the kinks out. Though I will note that campaign frameworks are largely overkill for the average GM. "How to build a campaign" might be a more useful book.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #795
Kalzazz

I pretty much rely exclusively on 'Test in production!' For gaming . . . I'm a programmer, and to a good extent testing is driven by risk . . . If we try out something new in our RPG and it doesn't work, oh well, we have new data to work with to find what does work

Very low risk. I'm not say risking scrambling production data that will do horrible things to millions of citizens etc
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #796
evileeyore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
"How to build a campaign" might be a more useful book.
That would interesting... not sure I'd need it but I'd definitely want to at least read it... in case.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #797
Mailanka

This week, I begin to unveil the aristocracy of the Alliance! Today, I take a look at the titles, rights and obligations of the aristocracy.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:01 AM   #798
Mailanka

The Alliance Aristocracy are Better Than You, thanks to centuries of eugenic engineering by the Oracular Order, which has granted them unique psionic abilities and genetic advantages, if they can refrain from diluting their bloodlines with *sniff* the common rabble. Check out the basic rules on it here
Old 08-09-2017, 01:00 AM   #799
Mailanka

Today, aristocratic force swordsmanship! Familiar Psi-Wars fans will surely recognize the four force swordsmanship forms on offer here, but they've been updated, revised and given additional commentary, and this post also includes rules for dueling.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #800
lwcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
Today, aristocratic force swordsmanship! Familiar Psi-Wars fans will surely recognize the four force swordsmanship forms on offer here, but they've been updated, revised and given additional commentary, and this post also includes rules for dueling.
When I read this, I wonder about how constrained duels are. Traditionally, can you use a force buckler or force shield in a duel of force swords? Can you use your psionics (like pushing your opponent out of the rink with your TK)? Are unarmed strikes and grappling allowed?

Luke
lwcamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack