Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #771
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Ok, I can follow the reasoning. My gut was saying it was based on the MBF, but thinking there was a little extra, like a +50% bonus. but figuring that the extra get used for Mass Combat unless you care about other things is good enough, I suppose. thanks.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #772
Mailanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, I can follow the reasoning. My gut was saying it was based on the MBF, but thinking there was a little extra, like a +50% bonus. but figuring that the extra get used for Mass Combat unless you care about other things is good enough, I suppose. thanks.
Right, well what matters is that the costs of things balance with your budget in such a way that that the players need to make choices. So, for example, if everything costs $1, and you get a million every year, then it isn't really meaningful, while if everything costs $1 and you get $1 a year, then you can just ditch money and say "Pick one thing a year."

I've tried to balance the costs around MBF, so that the PCs could do more than one thing a year, but still needed to make choices. If you increase all the budgets by x1.5, you might think about how that changes the choices presented to the PCs. As for mass combat, I built it with the intent of using it with mass combat, but I haven't actually tested it with mass combat, seen that it works with my own eyes, so if you increase the budget with the intent of expanding the mass combat force available to the PCs in addition to the civics budget, I'd be very interested in hearing feedback on how it works.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:47 AM   #773
Mailanka

Today, I kick off a series on the planetary governments of the Alliance, which turned into a rather generic look at planetary governments in Psi-Wars in general.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #774
Mailanka

Hey, yet another Patreon friday!
Today, I have a preview up for Alliance Planetary Personnel. This takes a look at the troops and cops of the alliance in their many varieties, including a specific look at how to customize each for their unique doctrines. If you're a patron, check it out!
Old 07-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #775
Mailanka

Continuing the Planetary Government series, I have the law enforcement of the planets of the Alliance, the Alliance Constabulary! I take a look at how different planets handle their legal troubles, how they deal with the Alliance itself, and what different tactics different planets might use.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:34 AM   #776
Mailanka

Part 2 of the Alliance Constabulary, Materiel, where I look at the sort of weapon varieties we might see in the hands of the law enforcement of the Alliance, including a new Neurolash option.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:52 AM   #777
Mailanka

Part 3 of the Alliance Constabulary: Personnel. This includes the three different forms of law enforcement and the various forms of equipment so as to offer ideas for your own alliance police force.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:28 PM   #778
Mailanka

The last series on the planetary governments of the Alliance: the Militia, starting with the Militia as an organization
Old 07-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #779
Mailanka

Today, I take a look at the sort of equipment Alliance Militia might have, and like the rest of the planetary government series, what a militia looks like varies a lot based on tactics and terrain, so I take a look at how various militia might adapt to different circumstances and how they might approach combat, and how that might shape their equipment.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:34 PM   #780
Mailanka

Hey there, happy GURPS day!

Today, I wind up the last part of planetary governments with a look at Militia Personnel, a grab-bag of ready-to-use soldiers that vary depending on terrain and preferred strategy.

Tags
blog, blogs, determined attack, telegraphic attack