Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 07-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #181
Anaraxes

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Another stretch goal idea: we have the old Designer's Notes from Space Gamer. How about a new version for any changes that are made for the new edition -- and any changes that were considered and rejected! Add that to the website, PDF, bound collection in the box, etc.

It's always interesting to see what designers thought needed to change, what didn't, and why.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #182
JLV

We actually had that discussion a few weeks back, and at that time, Steve was leaning towards doing a PDF Designer's Notes for this time around. However, now that the Companion is a go, maybe they could be added in there? <crossing fingers and toes>
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #183
JLV

Just dropping a note to say -- we just broke 700% of goal! And over 1700 backers. Not even a week into this thing, yet! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #184
guymc

Y'know, this thing has gone from "a really nice deal" to "seriously unmissable opportunity" really fast! We're going to run out of superlatives if you supporters keep this up.

Keep it up.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:09 AM   #185
RobW

I'm still trying to find out if we can change from I want it all edition to legacy (shipping to UK is just too much). It seems you can increase beyond your original ks but not go down?
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 02:48 AM   #186
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
I'm still trying to find out if we can change from I want it all edition to legacy (shipping to UK is just too much). It seems you can increase beyond your original ks but not go down?
You can make any change you want before the project closes.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:03 AM   #187
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymc View Post
Y'know, this thing has gone from "a really nice deal" to "seriously unmissable opportunity" really fast! We're going to run out of superlatives if you supporters keep this up.

Keep it up.
From my estimates of RRP for the individual items compared to the Legacy Box and I Want It All pledge levels...we're getting a discount of about 50%.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:42 AM   #188
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
For those new to Kickstarter:

* Before the project closes, you're selecting a reward level and, if you wish, adding funds for any add-ons you would like. Up until the project closes, you can increase, decrease, or completely cancel for your pledge. (Note: I think there are some weird edge cases in the final hours. Uncertain how last minute changes work.)

* After the project closes -- likely three or four weeks after -- we will open the BackerKit pledge manager. There, you will make final decisions -- upgrade your pledge, select add-ons, enter your shipping address -- and we will use that info to finalize print quantities and the fulfillment needs of the project.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:48 AM   #189
guymc

I've backed a LOT of Kickstarters (as my Superbacker status there will attest), and I've always found BackerKit to make the backer experience post-KS to be so effortless. Perhaps Phil can comment on how well it works from the other end.

But I will say from long experience, I prefer the projects that use Backerkit. They keep track of stuff so I don't have to do so, and give me a nice selection of options at the end.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:05 AM   #190
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymc View Post
I've backed a LOT of Kickstarters (as my Superbacker status there will attest), and I've always found BackerKit to make the backer experience post-KS to be so effortless. Perhaps Phil can comment on how well it works from the other end.
BackerKit is what allows us to offer add-ons. Without BackerKit, we would be crying as we collect every individual option from supporters.