Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #151
Parody

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

According to archive.org he was removed from the Staff List and the related Profiles page sometime between October and December of 2016. As far as I know nobody from the company had said anything much about it. (There was a bit of discussion elsewhere about it back when the Stakeholder's Report came out.)

Last edited by Parody; 07-23-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #152
MattV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
According to archive.org he was removed from the Staff List and the related Profiles page sometime between October and December of 2016. As far as I know nobody from the company had said anything much about it. (There was a bit of discussion elsewhere about it back when the Stakeholder's Report came out.)
So he was the line editor? I saw the posts about that. I just didn't know he was the line editor.

This thing is FUBAR. The going dark for months is a joke.

I'm calling a spade a spade here.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:50 PM   #153
adm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
Why is that?
Nothing has really been stated about the reason they parted ways, other than "No comment, it's Company business." paraphrasing.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #154
syncrogt1

Question: when will Car wars 6E be released? can you make commitments and keep them?
Old 07-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #155
Parody

Quote:
So he was the line editor? I saw the posts about that. I just didn't know he was the line editor.
Scott Haring was previously the Car Wars Line Editor, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm View Post
Nothing has really been stated about the reason they parted ways, other than "No comment, it's Company business." paraphrasing.
Which, admittedly, is standard for Steve Jackson Games in almost all respects of their business.

There are times when I think they hold things too close to their vests (and this may not be one of those times), but it's their decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncrogt1 View Post
Question: when will Car wars 6E be released? can you make commitments and keep them?
I can guess some answers:
1. If/when it's ready.
2. Part of why CW6 was set aside for now was to keep other commitments. See also #1.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #156
adm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Which, admittedly, is standard for Steve Jackson Games in almost all respects of their business.
I wasn't complaining if it came across that way, SJGames has done a better job than many in keeping their ducks in a row.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #157
syncrogt1

Quote:
I wasn't complaining if it came across that way, SJGames has done a better job than many in keeping their ducks in a row.
I was absolutely complaining. I am tired of this. Don't get me wrong, SJGames has been successful in many ways, but they have a ceiling based on how decisions are made within. Any company run by only a few people, particularly the founder of the company, will have this same issue.

For the record, when I was a child and playing CW by myself (which shaped me into the Engineer that I am today BTW), I wrote questions to SJG and got answers back, written by Scott. I felt so important to the company. Now? nothing.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #158
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncrogt1 View Post
We will release when we believe the game is finished and not before. We will not allow dates to force us to publish a game that we do not feel is ready.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #159
MattV

Maybe someone at SJG should set their Outlook to remind them to post one thing on this forum every month, even if it is something like" all....... we've got other things going on right now"........

going dark is ..... not showing much love......
Old 07-25-2017, 02:42 AM   #160
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Maybe someone at SJG should set their Outlook to remind them to post one thing on this forum every month, even if it is something like" all....... we've got other things going on right now"........

going dark is ..... not showing much love......
We are overwhelmed at the moment. Once we get unburied and the Munchkin CCG is off to print (and it is getting closer to that day), then we can shift attention to Car Wars. Right now, though, anyone who could put time into this project is otherwise engaged.

We would rather make the game we want and _not_ the game that exists because some date on the calendar strikes us in the face.
Closed Thread