Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Nyarli

Default Two unrelated questions: all-out attack and electric batons

1) High-tech electric stunners vs Ultra-tech:
Electric stunners in High-tech uses the rules for continuous shock on B. 432, those in Ultra-tech uses instaneous jolt. I understand why electrolasers unable to deliver continuous shock, but why electric batons somehow become instaneous on tl9 instead of continous on tl8 ?
2) Some book (I don't remember) says tat GM usually should allow some flexibility with all-out attack and for example may allow to feint after attack, to use benefits of feint later. But if this option will be combined with defensive feints from MA this will allow at least partial defence (well, indirect defence, but still) to PC who use AOA
My questions:
a)Will you allow this option(AOA: attack->feint-> convert feint to penalty to opponent's attack) at all?
b)Will you allow this to PC in Berserk state?
Nyarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
Walrus

Default Re: Two unrelated questions: all-out attack and electric batons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarli View Post
2) Some book (I don't remember)
This is MA itself =)
Quote:
a)Will you allow this option(AOA: attack->feint-> convert feint to penalty to opponent's attack) at all?
Of course.
Quote:
b)Will you allow this to PC in Berserk state?
I wouldn't allow Berserks to feint at all. I'd allow Beat for them, however. Though, only for reducing defense, not against offense.
Quote:
High-tech electric stunners vs Ultra-tech:
Ultra-tech ones use EMD rules and paralyze victims instead of just stunning as well as give more penalty to HT. You can maintain contact by them as well.
Also, nobody restricts using lower technology or even combining such gadgets in single device.

Tags
all-out attack, feint, high-tech, ultra-tech