Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #11
David Johansen

Default Re: Unlimited Warp

Cosmic Warp maybe?

Palladium's Mechanoids actually do this. They enslaved a race of psychic teleporters and link them in choirs to achieve their ftl. In book 3 you can play a liberated phi warper all mutilated and encased in an armoured pod.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:49 AM   #12
Plane

Maybe if you took "Affects Others" on Warp then if you were touching someone, they wouldn't count as your weight limit and instead also got their own weight limit? Mass-warping could then be Affects Others + Area Effect so you didn't need to touch them directly.

Possibly requiring Force Field?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
DerfmeisterP

If the creature has Affliction: Warp (Extra Heavy Encumbrance, Area Effect) rather than having warp itself? It would dictate where everyone warped... but if the creature also had Re-programmable or Dedicated Controls for its Warp affliction then your sorted I think?
DerfmeisterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #14
Black Leviathan

Point balance isn't a consideration. Give the creature Warp with an insane bonus to Lifting Strength. Or just IFM the creature using the Warp rules as a guideline.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:38 PM   #15
Daigoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_rp View Post
I'm working on a setting where FTL travel is achieved by capturing creatures with the Warp advantage and forcing them to carry your ship with them when they warp.
You stole my setting idea! ...Not that I've done anything with it.
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #16
Apollonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
Point balance isn't a consideration. Give the creature Warp with an insane bonus to Lifting Strength. Or just IFM the creature using the Warp rules as a guideline.
Yeah. Just because you can stat everything and price it out in character points doesn't mean you should. Is one of these creatures going to be a PC?

Last edited by Apollonian; 11-29-2018 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Typo
Apollonian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #17
Aldric

It's possible one of those crittera becomes an ally? If so, having an eastimate of the point cost would be useful.

My vote goes to building ships with Warp and a "Requires one of those critters" and having the creatures capable of warping on their own.
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #18
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerfmeisterP View Post
If the creature has Affliction: Warp (Extra Heavy Encumbrance, Area Effect) rather than having warp itself? It would dictate where everyone warped... but if the creature also had Re-programmable or Dedicated Controls for its Warp affliction then your sorted I think?
Having the exoteleport limitation to exclude the user's weight is helpful on Affliction: Warp to avoid the whole question as to whether the endowed advantage uses the Afflicter's weight or the Afflicted's weight as the baseline. Even with the size modifier penalties in Powers it's still possible to Warp the entire Earth for far too few points otherwise.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:16 PM   #19
Pursuivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
So, Warp (Extra-Heavy Enc) + Lifting ST (Super Effort +300%, Warp Only -60%) to warp massive loads like a starship.
This is the way that I worked it out for a Star Trek psionic NPC character who is capable of hurling a large starship hundreds of light years in a single go.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #20
Plane

Which page priced Warp Only at -60?

Tags
mass, weight