Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2016, 10:27 PM   #11
The_Ryujin
 
The_Ryujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Cool stuff! Keep writing. :-)
Thanks man. I was surprised at how quick you and Doug noticed my blog heh. Definitely made me want to make sure I step up my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Hey pal, welcome to the game, I look forward to reading more from you. I've added your blog to my feed reader.
Thanks for the welcome. I'll return the favor as soon as I figure out how. Been reading your blog off and on for the past two months or so and I'm amazed at how often you can update it.
__________________
"Conspiracy theorist": Because people who show the evidence known lairs *GASP!* are lying must be crazy >.>

Guess I should hawk by blog here: http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:33 PM   #12
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Thanks man. I was surprised at how quick you and Doug noticed my blog heh. Definitely made me want to make sure I step up my game.
I know all and see all in the GURPS. I am one with the GURPS. I will let the GURPS pass through me. In the end it will be me and my 3d6.
__________________
The Poster Formerly Known as Ghostdancer

My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest Pyramid: It's An Encounter!
Latest Book: Dungeon Fantasy Traps

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #13
Pseudonym
 
Pseudonym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
Thanks man. I was surprised at how quick you and Doug noticed my blog heh. Definitely made me want to make sure I step up my game.



Thanks for the welcome. I'll return the favor as soon as I figure out how. Been reading your blog off and on for the past two months or so and I'm amazed at how often you can update it.
Well, if something exists that generates interesting content, then that is another source of inspiration for myself, so that's a win for me and everyone that reads your blog or mine.
As for the huge amount of posts.... personal challenge to myself to post at least one thing a day for at least a year. It's starting to get hard, but I'm about 2/3 through. Come... December 12, I think, my challenge will be over.
__________________
Blog Running Games on Tuesday (online). Playing Sunday.
Pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:13 AM   #14
The_Ryujin
 
The_Ryujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
Well, if something exists that generates interesting content, then that is another source of inspiration for myself, so that's a win for me and everyone that reads your blog or mine.
As for the huge amount of posts.... personal challenge to myself to post at least one thing a day for at least a year. It's starting to get hard, but I'm about 2/3 through. Come... December 12, I think, my challenge will be over.
Ah, nice. Well keep it up man. It's an impressive challenge.
__________________
"Conspiracy theorist": Because people who show the evidence known lairs *GASP!* are lying must be crazy >.>

Guess I should hawk by blog here: http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #15
The_Ryujin
 
The_Ryujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

New post!

Plasma Guns, Re-Energized!, Addendum!

In this follow up to Plasma Guns, Re-Energized! I cover some things I cut from that article since it was starting to run long, throw in some things I thought up right after I uploaded the post and wished I came up with before hand and add something that was supposed to have been in it... but I fumbled my IQ roll and forgot >.>
__________________
"Conspiracy theorist": Because people who show the evidence known lairs *GASP!* are lying must be crazy >.>

Guess I should hawk by blog here: http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:02 PM   #16
The_Ryujin
 
The_Ryujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Happy GURPS Day everyone!

Despite my predictions of doom and gloom in my last post I've actually made it! Helps my job let me have a day off for once heh.

In today's post I look over how you can spice up both the gear you players get for their characters and how they actually go about getting it. Do you have any... Brand Loyalty?
__________________
"Conspiracy theorist": Because people who show the evidence known lairs *GASP!* are lying must be crazy >.>

Guess I should hawk by blog here: http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:00 AM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Good stuff.

Its probably vital to make sure that the number of quirk/perk combinations is strictly limited to a set number of companies. Otherwise you end up with folks just shopping for the combinations they like and you're back to square 1.
__________________
Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #18
Icelander
 
Icelander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Iceland*
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

In Brand Loyalty, the Hughes - Martian Fire Arms Inc. is described as being founded by a guy named Mitchell and the company is referred to as Mitchell - Martian Fire Arms Inc. in the text.

The very next company is named Mitchell & Winslow, but no connection is noted.

Are there meant to be two Mitchells, one of which lent his name to the company that eventually became Hughes - Martian Fire Arms Inc. (and is apparently still sometimes referred to as Mitchell - Martian Fire Arms Inc.) and another that was somehow related to Mitchell & Winslow, or might this be a mistake?
__________________
Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Last edited by Icelander; 08-18-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #19
apoc527
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Bookmarked! Good stuff!
__________________
-apoc527
My Campaigns

Currently Playing: GURPS Dark*Matter: 2016

Inactive:
Star*Drive: 2525-Hunting for Fun and Profit
My THS Campaign-In the Shadows of Venus
Yrth--The Legend Begins
The XCOM Apocalypse
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #20
The_Ryujin
 
The_Ryujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Good stuff.

Its probably vital to make sure that the number of quirk/perk combinations is strictly limited to a set number of companies. Otherwise you end up with folks just shopping for the combinations they like and you're back to square 1.
Thanks! Glad you liked the post, if I can give some good food for thought I've done my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
In Brand Loyalty, the Hughes - Martian Fire Arms Inc. is described as being founded by a guy named Mitchell and the company is referred to as Mitchell - Martian Fire Arms Inc. in the text.

The very next company is named Mitchell & Winslow, but no connection is noted.

Are there meant to be two Mitchells, one of which lent his name to the company that eventually became Hughes - Martian Fire Arms Inc. (and is apparently still sometimes referred to as Mitchell - Martian Fire Arms Inc.) and another that was somehow related to Mitchell & Winslow, or might this be a mistake?
Thanks for pointing that out! Originally Hughes was going to be know as Mitchell but I ended up doing some name swapping. I had it that corrected... but then I accidentally deleted that draft! >.>

I then copy/pasted my back up copy and must of forgot to fix it again.

Gonna fix that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
Bookmarked! Good stuff!
Appreciate it man! I'm liking the feed back I'm getting so far.
__________________
"Conspiracy theorist": Because people who show the evidence known lairs *GASP!* are lying must be crazy >.>

Guess I should hawk by blog here: http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps day

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.