Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
ParadoxGames

Default Re: Decks of Destiny - Late April

A high-quality custom deck box would make a great stretch goal.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #12
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
A high-quality custom deck box would make a great stretch goal.
Deck boxes would be needed; the cards are not all the same size.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #13
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Deck boxes would be needed; the cards are not all the same size.
I'm hoping that the design of any deck-boxes will also accommodate the card decks you Kickstarted...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #14
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I'm hoping that the design of any deck-boxes will also accommodate the card decks you Kickstarted...
If we were to create a deck box, we would plan for the future . . .
Old 04-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #15
the1weasel

Quote:
We are doing a terrible job of promoting this. (To which _I_ am the one doing a terrible job.)

If they want to preorder the hardcover of In the Labyrinth, it is a part of the Hexagram preorders that close very soon:

https://tft-hexagramzine.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Phil, I know there is now a logistical division between SJG and W23 on Kickstarter, but the TFT KS was brought out before this. So just for the record, will we ever be able to direct potential players to a link where they can directly purchase TFT Legacy Edition products such as Melee, Wizard, the M/W Pocketbox, ITL hard or softcover, and the full TFT box set or are they only available by asking a local game shop to order it?
Old 04-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #16
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1weasel View Post
Phil, I know there is now a logistical division between SJG and W23 on Kickstarter, but the TFT KS was brought out before this. So just for the record, will we ever be able to direct potential players to a link where they can directly purchase TFT Legacy Edition products such as Melee, Wizard, the M/W Pocketbox, ITL hard or softcover, and the full TFT box set or are they only available by asking a local game shop to order it?
Warehouse 23 will have distribution titles available, yes. I suspect we'll see the Legacy Edition listed for sale on the site next week.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #17
the1weasel

Quote:
Warehouse 23 will have distribution titles available, yes. I suspect we'll see the Legacy Edition listed for sale on the site next week.
Many thanks! With all the adventures, cards, and other supplemental material, I keep wondering this one thing: how much of this is stuff that Steve has been wanting to bring to the game for over 30 years? Is there a huge "I wanted to do this, and this, and this..." list somewhere (either a physical or mental one)? I really get this vibe looking at the inside of the LE box lid.

BTW, super kudos on being the type of folks who squeeze "one more thing" in rather than shortcut to save costs. Y'all could have easily had a blank interior box lid and nobody would have missed it. I'm very glad you did not.

Last edited by the1weasel; 04-12-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
the1weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #18
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1weasel View Post
BTW, super kudos on being the type of folks who squeeze "one more thing" in rather than shortcut to save costs. Y'all could have easily had a blank interior box lid and nobody would have missed it. I'm very glad you did not.
Thanks! If you liked the drop table printed on the lid of the Legacy Edition box, I think you'll enjoy the new drop table that was created for the inside lid of the Decks of Destiny box.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #19
revshafer

Is it going to be the same size? Legacy is a pretty big box. Two of them would be on the limit of keeping. In fact, I was reluctant to purchase a legacy box for my daughter because she is moving. Waiting for the Bag of Bags backerkit to go so I can purchase the melee/wizard box for her.
revshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #20
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revshafer View Post
Is it going to be the same size? Legacy is a pretty big box. Two of them would be on the limit of keeping. In fact, I was reluctant to purchase a legacy box for my daughter because she is moving. Waiting for the Bag of Bags backerkit to go so I can purchase the melee/wizard box for her.
Planned at the same height and width. The depth will depend on stretch goals.