Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #10
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: More Imbuements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Note that I'm not talking about man-portable weapons here; I'm talking about vehicle-mounted weapons.
The only different between a man-portable weapon and a vehicle-mounted one in most cases is what it's mounted to (a tripod/bipod or an actual vehicle).

Quote:
Why?
Because I was the author and that's how I wrote it? I felt it should be more difficult to imbue an object that you didn't have control of. It would be like a smaller human holding onto a really big sword, except his hand wasn't the one that wielding the weapon in the first place. You are, of course, free to do as you wish in your campaigns, but extensive playtest in my own games revealed that some sort of penalty was due and -2 felt about right.

Quote:
There's about half a step from “you can Imbue your rollerblades” to “you can Imbue yourself” — and it has a precedent in applying attack and defense Imbuements to unarmed combat. Between these three classes of Imbuements, I think it may now be possible to replace nearly all Cinematic Martial Arts skills with Imbuements if someone wishes to do so — the main exceptions being things like Invisibility Art, Hypnotic Hands, and Mental Strength.
Okay...yeah...sure...I guess. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I had bicycles, skates, etc. firmly in mind when I wrote this and one of my players created a super who could imbue his skateboard to do some pretty cool things (well, all vehicles, but he really liked that skateboard).

Quote:
That is the most obvious next step. But what else could be Imbued?
I think someone mentioned imbueing computers (which I do have covered in the article I spoke of), but I'm not sure where you are going. Imbuements only work on gear for the most part - you can't really use them on anything built with an advantage. The exception being is unarmed attacks. What other gear is there that characters use often on adventures? Most of the breaking and entering stuff could use Attack imbuments. I'm not seeing where you are trying to take this conversation exactly.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote