Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #131
Refplace

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

The Hermit "Mind if I tag along?"
He will cast Ghostly Movement on himself for a day for 16 energy
Discreet Observer for a day for 32 energy (use Reserve to help)
Summon Spirit Dog 22 energy to guard the boy and alert if trouble.

Reminds me I never did up the armored clothe spell.
He will just it in a stairwell, alley or whatever and get some light napping in while relying on the dog or Brother Man for warning.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #132
Talosian

Spoiler:  

"I imagine it'd have to start raining demons before he was in trouble, but it can't hurt to check." Jack grins and takes the note. "Ah, excellent. I'll be off now." He doffs an imaginary hat, spins on his heel, and takes off barefoot in the general direction of the neighborhood. When he gets close he slows down and starts looking around for big apartment buildings. If there's a lot of them, he'll go through them quickly, looking for anything suspicious, and listening for trouble.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #133
Skullcrusher

Randal will spend 1 fp to perform a heroic charge after fast drawing his broadsword and swinging at it's gun arm of the creature he is facing.

OOC: Sadly either Invisible castle is still down or I just can't access it anymore. Please roll for me.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #134
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Randal will spend 1 fp to perform a heroic charge after fast drawing his broadsword and swinging at it's gun arm of the creature he is facing.

OOC: Sadly either Invisible castle is still down or I just can't access it anymore. Please roll for me.
What are you going to do with the gun he is holding?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #135
Ransom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
The Hermit "Mind if I tag along?"
He will cast Ghostly Movement on himself for a day for 16 energy
Discreet Observer for a day for 32 energy (use Reserve to help)
Summon Spirit Dog 22 energy to guard the boy and alert if trouble.

Reminds me I never did up the armored clothe spell.
He will just it in a stairwell, alley or whatever and get some light napping in while relying on the dog or Brother Man for warning.
Brother Man will reluctantly consent to The Hermit's presence. He doesn't trust him, but he knows enough about him to be reasonably confident he is not an enemy, and would prefer to have the Hermit where he can keep an eye on him. He will object to the spirit dog's presence as soon as he senses it.

Also, an addition to his loadout for the night: a sack of salt, suitable for dusting invisible foes.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #136
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Shawn Fen: Brother Man, Hermit

Its a long night. Brother man isn't terribly good at being discrete, but he's primarily protecting the boy, and his supernatural sense counts for a lot.

He's out on the circling patrol at just 11:30 when he detects a fae -- not just any fae. Its the super fast fae. Its in the area, and seems to be holding fairly still. Its a near fae, but it probably counts as a high fae as well.

GM rolls:
Ghostly Movement (crossroads-19, 16 energy) -- complete success
Summon Spirit Dog (spirit-15,22 energy) -- complete success
Observation
IQ -- success by 9

OCC: I don't have a ritual for discreet observer listed-- or is a different name? what does it accomplish?

Three Fae: Jack Brown, Marcus Savage

Jack finds the neighbourhood, and starts looking around for what might be the right building. Luck is with him, and he's Going through one of the buildings when he quietly (and mostly invisibly -- he hates big steel framed buildings!) comes down a stairwell and finds Marcus facing off with a demon. Marcus is holding a gigantic sword at the other end of the hallway. He's facing off against a large, armoured fae with a sword, though they seem to just be staring at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move.

Weren't there supposed to be two demons? perhaps the other has been taken care of already.

Brown: Thats the demon lord Resophis! I haven't seen him in a long time. Fairly basic power set -- strong and ugly. You know the type. If I recall correctly he can be immobilized by being doused with frog water -- its a symbol of courage. Or you could just yell "Mice and Cockroaches don't grease ceilings well!". Its an inside joke. Long story. Should make him loose his temper.

Jack doesn't remember Brown mentioning Resophis before, but that's fairly normal.

Marcus advances, calculating.

Armoured Demon (Resophis): "You wait around like a coward. I have to amuse myself somehow."

GM rolls:
IQ (to find the hole) -- success by 5
Stealth
Hidden Lore (by king of brown)
Per rolls

Spoiler:  

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-16-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #137
Talosian

Jack frowns suspiciously. Frog water? No way. Jack wonders briefly whether the taunt would actually work, but sets it aside for the moment. He creeps carefully towards the stand off, and decides to take a small risk to communicate with Marcus by creating a mundane-only illusion of big jaunty green letters behind Resophis' head: Sorry I'm late! 'Scuse me, comin' through! Jack moves quickly but stealthily forward, maintaining his invisibility but not depending on it, since it's never reliable in modern buildings. He draws his long knives in a reversed grip from their sheathes in the back of his jacket, and with a wild grin and small hop for momentum, rams them towards Resophis' eyes.

Spoiler:  

Last edited by Talosian; 03-14-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #138
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Three Fae: Jack Brown, Marcus Savage

Jack is moving towards the demon when his foot sinks deep into the floor.

Jack catches himself, but finds that his foot is stuck on something sticky.

Meanwhile, Resophis stares down Marcus waiting for a move.

Resophis: "You're not alone, are you? Mirosca, check your webs for hornets!"

GM rolls:
Theif (stealth)
DX (balance)
Acting, Fast Talk, or tactics (quick contest by marcus to conceal that something is going on) -- failure

Old 03-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #139
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Warehouse: Randal Kane

Randal charges forward, letting his gun fall to rest with the sling. He draws and swings the blade forward in a single fluid motion.
The creature stumbles back, just out of reach of the swing.

And then the creature explodes in flame, sending out tendrils of heat to scorch Randal's body.

GM rolls:
Fast Draw 14
Broad Sword 17 - 2 (arm) = 15

OCC: The only defence is a retreat to take you out of range of the aura (and your target). going back in to attack hand to hand will result in damage. The damage is 2d of burning -- the torso armour will reduce that to a third all of your damage, but the rest of you is pretty exposed. (yes, its a house rule -- but its also logical)

Old 03-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #140
Talosian

What the... F**K?! Is this web?! Brown snorts with suppressed laughter. With a constant stream of internal curses, Jack throws up another set of illusory words for Marcus, replacing the jaunty letters with a regular and sharply defined font. Web. Cheating bastard. Cutting loose. Avoid advancing if possible. Jack crouches down and saws at the webbing on either side of his foot, attempting to work both quickly and silently.