Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 09-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #111
tmedwards

Default Re: Updated / New Character Sheets

Announcing Phoenix 1.22 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Phoenix is always available from: http://www.motoslave.net/thom/gca/phoenix/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix 1.22 highlights:
  • Added the ability to include the global DB score with the active defense scores in the Single DR box.
  • Added the ability to select which body part/location is displayed in the Single DR box.
  • Added the ability to control whether or not portrait images smaller than the portrait canvas will be scaled up to fill it.
  • Added logging of the current size of the portrait canvas when printing or previewing.
  • Changes to better support smaller paper sizes (e.g. A5). This includes: base font size reduction and changes to the internal layouts of various blocks (n.b. I've tried to keep the layouts as similar as possible to the originals, but if you notice something screwy, let me know).
  • Various minor tweaks and adjustments.
See the full release notes for more information.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #112
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix 1.23 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Phoenix 1.23 highlights:
  • Changed the primary statistics block so that the Size Modifier (SM) trait is editable in Quick View mode.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #113
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix 1.24 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Phoenix 1.24 highlights:
  • Changed how Quick View editing hotspots are drawn to work around a bug under certain print environments.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #114
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix 1.25 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Phoenix 1.25 highlights:
  • Split the unified option to sort the attack tables by equipment/non-equipment into separate options for each of the melee and ranged attacks tables.
  • Added an option for each of the melee and ranged attacks tables to exclude traits of certain types from printing their attack modes.
  • Split the combat tables block options into the: size and speed/range & humanoid hit location tables, melee/ranged attacks tables, and spell grimoire options sections.
  • Many changes to the spell grimoire block and its options:
    • Renamed the spell skill level column from "Level" to "Skill" and reordered it to print before the class column rather than after.
    • Added an option to include the point costs for spells in the skill column (default: no).
    • Added an option to print a column for required magery/ritual magery/power investiture level, called "Magery", between the skill and class columns when enabled (default: no).
    • Added an option to always use the short college names in the college column (default: yes).
    • Added an option to print the page column in a smaller font (default: no).
    • Added an option to print college labels that would wrap over multiple lines in a smaller font when sorting by college (default: no).
    • Minor tweaks to some of the column widths.
  • Fixed the internationalization (i18n) double conversion function to handle signed reals.
  • Various minor tweaks and adjustments.
The big changes here are, obviously, to the grimoire. For the most part, the changes just added more options for grimoire users and the defaults will produce a grimoire virtually identical to the old one, however, the default setting of the new force short college names option does run counter to the old behavior when not printing any of the extra columns. I think the new behavior is more consistent overall, but you can restore the old behavior by turning that option off. Beyond that, if anyone has issues with the grimoire, please don't hesitate to mention them -- I can't address them if you don't.

The other big change is the break-up of the combat tables option group into its component parts. Hopefully, that will make it easier to find those options.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #115
mbrittb00

I have a suggestion for the next rev of Phoenix. It would be nice to include the Unconsciousness Check value and Death Check value in the Statistics Options box along with Vision, Hearing, Touch, etc. While nominally these values are equal to health, if you take Hard to Subdue or Hard to Kill they are modified and not directly obvious.
mbrittb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #116
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00
I have a suggestion for the next rev of Phoenix. It would be nice to include the Unconsciousness Check value and Death Check value in the Statistics Options box along with Vision, Hearing, Touch, etc. While nominally these values are equal to health, if you take Hard to Subdue or Hard to Kill they are modified and not directly obvious.
That's not a bad idea, but will actually require a Data File change in addition to a character sheet change. I've gone ahead and made the necessary changes in the data files.

P.S. Fit, Very Fit, Unfit, Very Unfit, and Easy to Kill also affect Consciousness & Death checks.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 01-06-2009 at 08:50 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 AM   #117
tmedwards

I've added it to Phoenix 1.26, which should be out sometime before next week.

Last edited by tmedwards; 01-07-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #118
tmedwards

Announcing Phoenix 1.26 (requires GCA 4.0.371 or later).

Phoenix 1.26 highlights:
  • Added two new default entries to the additional statistics block: Consciousness Check and Death Check.
  • Added (better) support for Threshold-Limited Magic from the Thaumatology GDF:
    • Added an option to allow whether or not the Threshold-Limited Magic/Unlimited Mana ancillary block prints to be determined by either the existence of the relevant statistics (old behavior) or by the existence and display status of the relevant statistics (new, and default, behavior). The new behavior will allow the Thaumatology GDF to be used without having to manually turn the block off if you're not using Threshold-Limited Magic. The old behavior is still available, although it really shouldn't be needed. [Unlimited Mana GDF compatibility: All of the GURPS 4e-compatible GDFs, that I know of, are compatible with the new behavior.]
    • Added an option to allow the Variable Recovery optional campaign setting. [Unlimited Mana GDF compatibility: None of the GURPS 4e-compatible GDFs, that I know of, are compatible with this option, and while they could be upgraded to be compatible, it's probably easier to load the Thaumatology GDF instead and convert to Threshold-Limited Magic.]
  • Updated the print citations option to make printing citations/footnotes for the spells block enabled by default, per the changes to the various magic GDFs which make it sensible to do so.
  • Updated the technique Quick View button (TECH) to include the categories from Martial Arts: Realistic Techniques, Realistic Techniques - Art/Sport, Cinematic Techniques, Cinematic Techniques - Art/Sport, Silly Techniques, Silly Techniques - Art/Sport.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #119
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

For those wishing to display Consciousness & Death Check scores you will need a data file change which won't be available until the next data update. I've compiled those changes into a data file for you:

http://ericbsmith.no-ip.org/GCA4/ConsciousnessDeath.zip

I also just updated Thaumatology to include the Threshold-Limited Magic traits & statistics:
http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/GCA4/Thaumatology.zip
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 01-08-2009 at 08:59 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #120
GArrow

I have a highly modified variant of charsheet.gcs, but no web site on which to post it.

Numerous changes, including lots of automatic text re-packing/re-sizing logic to fit items attractively on the weapons tables. New layout options. Reimplemented internals using OO code. Various changes to layout of material. Drops/changes material for 3e/4e use.

Where would be an appropriate place to post the content?

(People with other sheets might want to reuse some of the layout handling logic if nothing else.)
GArrow is offline   Reply With Quote