Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
GypsyComet

Default Re: OGRE needs YOU: Worldwide MIB (Volunteers) Recruitment Drive

Another OGRE guy in Northern California, eh? I suspect you'll get takers in the Sac area, as there are a number of old school guys in the area.
GypsyComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #12
Qthulhu

I might have joined the UK one, because I definitely have one convention coming up that I have a table at, but I have zero tolerance for Munchkin which means I cannot fulfil the duties of the post.

Ohhhh welllllll.

Luck to everyone else though, hope your cons go well.
Qthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #13
D351

I'm in Savannah, GA and I just sent my email.
D351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #14
offsides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qthulhu View Post
I might have joined the UK one, because I definitely have one convention coming up that I have a table at, but I have zero tolerance for Munchkin which means I cannot fulfil the duties of the post.

Ohhhh welllllll.

Munchkin is NOT a requirement of being a MIB - there are other SJ games that are considered core products which would qualify in addition to Ogre. If you're really interested and Munchkin is the only thing stopping you, it won't hurt you to send off an email and ask more questions. We also don't forcibly recruit, so if you changed your mind after learning more you could always walk away (though we might have to mindwipe you first, of course :P).

I will admit that you are likely to be on the fringe of the MIB program if you don't do Munchkin and have no interest in it, but I suspect once Ogre hits the shelves you might have some more company...
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qthulhu View Post

Ohhhh welllllll.

Hi Qthulhu, which con will you be at and what event are you running? That's great news!

You might want to check with your Regional Director (Frank Carver, frank@efsol.com) re signing up for MIB.

If I'm not wrong, Cthulhu Dice, Zombie Dice, GURPs, Powered by GURPs, Illuminati, Chez and Revolution are all fine as 'other' products besides Ogre.

So you don't have to do Munchkin, I think (other MIBs in your area can cover it).

We really need UK Ogre MIBs right now...
Talorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #16
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D351 View Post
I'm in Savannah, GA and I just sent my email.
Another longtime forum regular signup -- you are guys are awesome :)
Old 06-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
TekChef

Being I am a newly joined up MIB, I am looking foward to demo-ing and teaching Ogre when it comes out.

I am going to be playing a few games today with a friend to get a small Ogre fix in the meantime.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
MIB 9966

For the record, at least in the Northeast US, you get my interest faster by telling me several other games you are interested in.

Munchkin is well represented so far, and most people apply due to Munchkin, but there are so many other games in the catalog that we support, showing me that you are at least passingly familiar with the other games makes you potentially more valuable to stores and conventions who would love to show off more than a line of games that does a good job selling itself. Helping give more publicity for games like Revolution or Illuminati (and Ogre!) is a good thing! :)
MIB 9966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombineGeneral View Post
I was a MiB years ago but went inactive when OGRE did - I fired off an email about "re-enlisting". It's a great program and it's fun teaching games to others. If there's room in upstate NY, I'd be interested.

I am also a 'Kickstarter' for the new OGRE and can't wait for it to arrive - hopefully in time for Xmas, my birthday (1/18) at the latest!
CombineGeneral, I suspect you might not be the only one. Thanks for re-enlisting... hopefully we'll get a couple of 'second tour of duty' folks like you.

I'm afraid Xmas is most likely not going to happen, though we can keep fingers crossed (UK expression, dunno if you have that one in the US) for a BIG birthday present on 1/18...
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #20
Buzzardo

I have two related ideas in this vein:
  1. Should this thread be sticky?
  2. Should we have another sticky thread wherein folks can announce their Ogre convention activities?

I'm just thinking that this kind of information should be prominent, and sticky threads would do that.

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote