Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #21
revshafer

Default Re: Decks of Destiny - Late April

Looks like I’m gonna have to sell some purchases that I made during the deployment. Very thankful for the pocket boxes coming back out. Much easier to store Ogre than the wonderful Designer’s box.
revshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #22
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Got a look at a few of the new components that Steve and Ben have been working on. Looking great and we should be on track to launch the Kickstarter campaign before the end of the month.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #23
TippetsTX

Idea for an add-on... I would love to get some 3-hex, 4-hex, 7-hex, etc. plastic bases for my larger Cardboard Heroes, paper minis and other figure 'pawns'.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #24
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
Idea for an add-on... I would love to get some 3-hex, 4-hex, 7-hex, etc. plastic bases for my larger Cardboard Heroes, paper minis and other figure 'pawns'.
That would not work for an add-on. The project would cost thousands, and add-ons have a giant question mark around them: How many do we really need?

If anything, that idea would work best as a completely separate project.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #25
larsdangly

I understand why some folks are drawn toward cardboard heroes as mini's for TFT, but I'm not interested in this and would rather see the game line 'double down' on its core components (the new line of tiles and chits) in order to get the most out of them.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #26
TippetsTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
That would not work for an add-on. The project would cost thousands, and add-ons have a giant question mark around them: How many do we really need?
Thanks Phil. I assumed as much but figured I would still put it out there. I can always re-purpose the round bases I have from Pathfinder Pawns, but it would be nice to have bases that match the odd hex-based shapes for larger figures.

And I realize I may be in the minority, but I prefer stand-up minis to flat tokens or 'chits'. More aesthetic to me I suppose.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #27
malchidael

Quote:
Thanks Phil. I assumed as much but figured I would still put it out there. I can always re-purpose the round bases I have from Pathfinder Pawns, but it would be nice to have bases that match the odd hex-based shapes for larger figures.

And I realize I may be in the minority, but I prefer stand-up minis to flat tokens or 'chits'. More aesthetic to me I suppose.
We may be in the minority, but we're awesome! :)
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #28
JLV

Like Lars, I fully understand why a lot of folks love the miniatures (cardboard or otherwise), but if asked for an opinion, I would go with "stick to counters and Megahexes, please" simply because they are affordable, work extremely well, and are relatively easy to expand in terms of options.

Again, not a challenge to other preferences; just my personal one! ;-)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:53 AM   #29
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Ben and I reviewed all of the components yesterday and continue to prepare the Kickstarter page for launch.

Gabby and I looked over the rough layout for a new book.

Progress on multiple fronts!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #30
Anaraxes

Quote:
I would love to get some 3-hex, 4-hex, 7-hex, etc. plastic bases for my larger Cardboard Heroes, paper minis and other figure 'pawns'.
Have access to a 3D printer? There are designs for all kinds of stuff (figures, terrain, etc), including bases for cardboard figures. Like Matt Riggsby's.

(I don't see 7-hex bases, but if you have the design file, it should be easy enough to extend, at least for people into that process.)
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote