Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 11:55 PM   #321
PK

Default Re: The 2016 w23 Digital Release and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Could be there are some people, like myself, who don't usually spend any time on Twitter.
Right, but not people looking for me to give leaks and hints, since that's where I do it. Similarly, I know that many people don't have LiveJournal accounts, but they presumably head over to Kromm's LJ page to see what hints and leaks he's posted.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
Old 12-11-2016, 12:37 AM   #322
PK

<MOD>

I'm going to just preemptively ask that this tangent not turn into the next dozen posts being people proclaiming that they don't use (insert website here). I'm not sure why, but I've noticed a tendency for that to happen and it adds nothing to any thread (and therefore falls under the "no garbage posts" rule).

</MOD>

Old 12-11-2016, 06:03 AM   #323
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Right, but not people looking for me to give leaks and hints, since that's where I do it. Similarly, I know that many people don't have LiveJournal accounts, but they presumably head over to Kromm's LJ page to see what hints and leaks he's posted.
The only time I do that is when he posts a link from here to there for his weekly GURPS post. This thread (and its predecessors) has been very helpful in aggregating all those sources of rumors into one place.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Old 12-11-2016, 07:18 AM   #324
GM Joe

A link to posts/tweets/entries of significance would be helpful. I appreciate that Kromm does that, as do the various GURPS Bloggers. This forum is my primary source of GURPS news. Links to significant info located elsewhere are followed and appreciated. :)
Old 12-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #325
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Joe View Post
A link to posts/tweets/entries of significance would be helpful. I appreciate that Kromm does that, as do the various GURPS Bloggers. This forum is my primary source of GURPS news. Links to significant info located elsewhere are followed and appreciated. :)
I update my list at tekeli.li from Kromm's blog, but I don't use Twitter since they removed the RSS feeds, so I rely on others to keep an eye on that.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:09 PM   #326
Refplace

The Dungeon Fantasy Collection PDF just came out and not on a Thursday so maybe w will have a Thursday item.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 12-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #327
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
The Dungeon Fantasy Collection PDF just came out and not on a Thursday so maybe w will have a Thursday item.
But the Thursday item is likely to be this month's Pyramid, so that SJGames can go on vacation for the remainder of the month.

This month's topic is pre-ordained to be "Welcome to Dungeon Fantasy." Issue #3/99's focus will probably be a surprise, since the wish-list doesn't show any of those newly announced issues being close to completion.

And what subject might we see for February, 2017, when Pyramid Volume 3 hits triple digits with #100? Anything celebratory?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #328
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
I've seemed quieter? I'm surprised to hear that, as I've been making a conscious effort to put up more hints on my Twitter. Maybe I need to be more explicit, but I figured the occasional acronym would be fun to "decode."
Oh, I absolutely got (and enjoyed) the November 17 clue. I just miss the occasional notice on other pieces arriving in first draft, entering or leaving playtest, finishing editing, passing on to production, etc. It seems like those sorts of longer-horizon, process-oriented tidbits have been thinner on the ground of late.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #329
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Oh, I absolutely got (and enjoyed) the November 17 clue. I just miss the occasional notice on other pieces arriving in first draft, entering or leaving playtest, finishing editing, passing on to production, etc. It seems like those sorts of longer-horizon, process-oriented tidbits have been thinner on the ground of late.
Fair enough. That's a bit of a temporary thing, as we're unusually tightly focused right now on getting this DF RPG out to layout and then the printers, so I don't have much interesting to say. But once more things start dropping in and out of my lap, that should change; I'm trying to make an effort to be more vocal about our process.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:25 PM   #330
Christopher R. Rice

Welp, I've updated the last (likely) release of the year. I really hope that someone decides to pick up the reins on this (and I know Refplace has said he would) because as I stated earlier in the thread I just don't have enough time anymore to do it. :-( Turns out that writing for a living, while exhilarating and my dream job is kind of a time-killer.

I'll likely still be watching and speculating and if whoever takes it up needs me to copy paste the BB code I've been using just PM or email me.

You see, I am not the Dread w23 Thread Speculation Maintainer. I inherited the thread from the previous Dread w23 Thread Speculation Maintainer, just as another will inherit it from me. The man I inherited it from is not the real Dread w23 Thread Speculation Maintainer either. His name was Jalapeno Dude. The real Dread w23 Thread Speculation Maintainer, SCAR, has been retired 6 years. :-)

(I'm back to my hiatus now. It's been a lot of fun maintaining this thread and I'm really going to miss it. )

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Closed Thread

Tags
2016, speculation, w23