Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
jared9876

Default Question about showing cards

Ok so me and my friends were playing a game the other day and we ran across a problem that started an argument. One of my friends showed a wandering monster card from his hand (when I was in battle) and said he would play this on me if I didn't let him help me for all the treasures. I was ok with this at first but then during my next battle he did the same thing. Then other people in the game caught on and were all using their cards in their hands without ever playing them down. This seemed unfair because they never used their cards!!! I understand that I could still win but it just seems wrong to be able to "use" the card over and over again....
jared9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
LordArach

Default Re: Question about showing cards

That is very Munchkinly. I approve.

I would call their bluffs, let them use those cards on me early on if they chose, and then ride the wave to victory after they were out.

Praise "Bob"!
LordArach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Clipper

The simple solution is to force them to put their money where their mouth is. Call their bluff and force them to use the cards. You don't know for sure if the player that was blackmailing you even had a monster to play with his Wandering Monster. If he does play one, you might be able to get help from one of the other players at the table for a much more mutually beneficial deal too, so it's not always going to be bad, either.

Also note that in order to accept help, you must be currently losing the battle. They can't threaten you to force you to let them join your combat if you are already winning.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
jared9876

Also note that in order to accept help, you must be currently losing the battle. They can't threaten you to force you to let them join your combat if you are already winning.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that!! That's what they were doing!
jared9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Patsycoconut

Very clever little trick! Very very munchkinly of them. I believe the rules states something about showing cards... "we can't stop you" (or something like that).