Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 03-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #1
Morpheous1970

Default couple of questions

I have cards from every set. However only have had a chance to play myself since last origins. I have a couple questions as I plan to play at origins this year and not just demo.

1. Are the neutral hero's only used for draft or can you use one to play with cards from any hero?

2. If the above is only for draft play, you choose a hero. Do you have to limit yourself to the current series, or can you build the deck using hero type card color and neutrals from ANY series for a tournament?

3. Anyone have any really good deck builds they would like to share for tournament and casual play?

That is in advance.
Morpheous1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: couple of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous1970 View Post
1. Are the neutral hero's only used for draft or can you use one to play with cards from any hero?
You can use a neutral Wanderer hero to build a deck with neutrals plus a single class's cards. You can't build multicolor with a neutral hero.

Quote:
2. If the above is only for draft play, you choose a hero. Do you have to limit yourself to the current series, or can you build the deck using hero type card color and neutrals from ANY series for a tournament?
All currently available Munchkin Collectible Card Game cards are legal for tournament play -- I think. We may have banned one or two.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Morpheous1970

1. That's what I figured... But had to give it a shot

2. Is there a list of currently banned cards?

PS thanks t
For the quick reply.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #4
Malkavman

Quote:

3. Anyone have any really good deck builds they would like to share for tournament and casual play?
I have several deck builds that I happily share! I have done a few deck breakdown videos on YouTube, and posted a few builds in this thread:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=158282

Those decks have been tweaked since then, but you get the idea from the list/video. I also have a longer video where I scratch-build a Bard deck just to show my process.

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
Morpheous1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavman View Post
I have several deck builds that I happily share! I have done a few deck breakdown videos on YouTube, and posted a few builds in this thread:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=158282

Those decks have been tweaked since then, but you get the idea from the list/video. I also have a longer video where I scratch-build a Bard deck just to show my process.
Love that cleric build - Where the Hell are we? ROFL. Can you send me a deck build for that?

Wish there was a program that had all the cards in it... Let you see the card... Build and select cards to create a deck. I had one for star wars minis. Would make it so oo oo much easier.

Sent you a friend request as well.