Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Loot for otaku/geek

So, in a game I plan on running, the PCs are a black ops squad fighting against a corporation/paramilitary trying to take over the world, and the supernatural is involved. They are fielded by a corporation/paramilitary that has no legal jurisdiction but is trying to make the world a better place. Their Mission Control and resident hacker non combat NPC backup is a geek and otaku. What kind of items, if found in the bad guys' place through a live bodycam, would make Mission Control go nuts and offer pay out of pocket from her own personal Offshore Account if they managed to bring them back to her?

I'm just asking to bring some personality to salvage brought home by the PCs. Basically, I want my PCs sources of income to be a "mission fee" and "salvage fees" for any valuable brought back to fund the black ops part of the organization, and for valuable-but-not-tactically-useful (phones, laptops, jewelry, perfumes, and the like) the black ops team (including the support) getting first pick for buying salvage, then the rest of the organization, and then it hits a black market.

Basically, black ops are expensive, and so harmless salvage (not guns or drugs) is sold to finance black ops, and dangerous salvage (guns and ammo mostly) are put to use. The PC's paramilitary are morally gray but the opposite one is run by a megalomaniac bent on world domination.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote