Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
Drone 5

Default Donning armor (Abdomen) contradiction in Low-Tech amd Low-Tech: Instant Armor

For donning armor as specified in Low-Tech and Low-Tech: Instant Armor, the values contradict for the Abdomen.
Low-Tech - RAW
The same percentages can be used to calculate other figures; e.g., manufacture
time (see GURPS Low-Tech Companion 3) and donning time (see Donning Armor, p. 102).
Example: Leather, Medium: Don time for Torso is 30 therefor for Chest is (75%) or 22.5 (rounded to 23 seconds). Abdomen (25%) would be 7.5 (rounded to 8 seconds). Ok got it.
Low-Tech: Instant Armor says the same rule except it lists that same armor for the Abdomen as taking 23 seconds. In fact all of the values for the Abdomen are the same as Chest.
Is this an error or did I miss something?
Old 08-19-2019, 10:14 PM   #2
Plane

Default Re: Donning armor (Abdomen) contradiction in Low-Tech amd Low-Tech: Instant Armor

It seems like a contradiction but I'm not sure if it's an error or if they thought those percent times were too slow and made them longer intentionally.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #3
KataH

Default Re: Donning armor (Abdomen) contradiction in Low-Tech amd Low-Tech: Instant Armor

Wow I never noticed that before. It must be an error or I am going back to using Torso armor because I can put that on faster which covers the Abdomen as well in 30 seconds as opposed to 23 for Chest and then 23 for Abdomen.

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"
KataH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
DanHoward

Yep, should be 25% not 75%. Good catch; submit it to errata.

Last edited by DanHoward; 08-20-2019 at 10:34 AM.
DanHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
KataH

Just submitted.

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!"
KataH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #6
Plane

This isn't really a one-off, if you compare the individually listed times for several pieces, they're longer than the comparable % from whatever represents a full suit.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote