Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
Grunker

Default Re: Help needed with leveled powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I think what he meant was not so much just the written example but your saying your going to have other such powers. Some of those might be more or less dangerous. And note that with double KNB even with no wounding it does not mean it wounding to damage. At the least it could knock them back or down which can be a big factor in a fight. And knocking them into a wall probably will be fairly common as an option. Knocking them off a bridge or something a rare one but potentially very deadly. So with all of that it can be a powerful ability, especially if most are not prepared for it.
Sure, you're absolutely right, but that's in the point cost, right? I mean, bow and arrow defeats this power early on and even later, for a cheaper point cost. But in the end such a balance discussion is difficult in GURPS, which is why you, in my opinion, have to rely on the point cost system to do some of the work for you.

It's hard to predict and cost everything precisely right noting all factors.
Grunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, fantasy