Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 AM   #141
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalapeno_dude View Post
Any progress?
Yes. Steve, Paul, and I reviewed this a few days ago. Closer, but still not completely finished.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #142
Fish

Greetings. Velcome to ze Report to ze Stakeholders. Ve vish to invite you to please put down all stakes now. Yes, zat is good. And zer holy symbols, zey vill do you no gut. Now, ve vill have a little drink. No, not ze vine. I do not drink ... vine.
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #143
PK

Surprised that no one's commented on this thread since the 2010 Report to the Stakeholders went up.

It's a very positive report, all around. And there's a nifty easter egg at the bottom which shows that SJ wasn't just speaking idly when he praised the innovation of Pirates of the Spanish Main in the same report a few years back. Run-on sentence? What's that?

What did y'all think?

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #144
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
Surprised that no one's commented on this thread since the 2010 Report to the Stakeholders went up.
I posted on the Ogre board this morning, but was distracted by shiny objects before I could get here.

Quote:
What did y'all think?
For entirely selfish reasons, I'd have been happier if GURPS had contributed to more of the business, but I suspect the current state of affairs isn't a consequence of GURPS declining so much as Munchkin doing really, really, really well. I hope.

Want the Ogre.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #145
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
This is the first I'd heard about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
What did y'all think?
One new priority jumps out at me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson
The third priority will be to promote ourselves more consistently. In particular, we will do better at promoting and supporting games – even the ones that are not yet hits – after their release.
I hope that includes current games - INWO, Ogre, In Nomine (it's me - you knew that one would be on the list, right?), TOON, Car Wars, and other older SJGames products are just as deserving of support as the newer non-Munchkin games are, especially if the company's desire to ride the long tail is at all serious. You won't get follow-up sales if nobody remembers the games, after all.

I don't know how much freelance editing SJGames contracts out nowadays, but I know you used to work that way with some products. (looks at copy of In Nomine: You Are Here that was a gift from the book's freelance editor.) It might be worth trying the freelance-editor route with the smaller lines, letting the in-house editing staff concentrate on the big sellers and new products. (Edit: Of course, that's just a possibility and suggestion - until somebody does that business analysis SJ wants done, we won't know whether this is a good idea.)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 03-15-2010 at 12:20 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #146
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

It *is* a very good report, and I'm glad to see that SJG had such a good 2009. (I might add that the "Clearing the Pipeline" included one new In Nomine release and the electronic re-printing of the line's out-of-print supplements, which was good to see). I have to selfishly admit that I was a little disappointed to see that the roleplaying arm is officially a non-priority, beyond basic maintenance and promotion ... on the other hand, I also understand that the RPG funding depends on continued sales of Munchkin for the time being, so I can't fault Evil Steve for garnering as many golden eggs from that goose as he can.

Also, to be fair, in last year's stakeholder report, GURPS was the only RPG listed as a priority, yet In Nomine. Car Wars, and the GURPS WWII line, among others, all saw releases late in the year. So who knows what 2010 may hold if the stars are right and the profits good?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #147
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
I hope that includes current games - INWO, Ogre, In Nomine (it's me - you knew that one would be on the list, right?), TOON, Car Wars, and other older SJGames products are just as deserving of support as the newer non-Munchkin games are, especially if the company's desire to ride the long tail is at all serious. You won't get follow-up sales if nobody remembers the games, after all.
Second that motion. And third. And fourth, if necessary. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #148
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
GURPS Crusades got into an editor's hands.
Another historical! Damn, release it already, IT MUST BE MINE!
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #149
Refplace

Read the report and thanks for posting it.
So I guess we need to figure out ways to help promote and market the games.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #150
Taliesin
Banned

Quote:

It's a very positive report, all around. And there's a nifty easter egg at the bottom which shows that SJ wasn't just speaking idly when he praised the innovation of Pirates of the Spanish Main in the same report a few years back. Run-on sentence? What's that?

What did y'all think?
Ogre with Spanish Main type units? Sign me up now! I love miniatures but I'm never, every going to paint another one.
Taliesin is offline   Reply With Quote