Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #481
Koshka

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

We wrapped up the steampunk game, I just started running cyberpunk for the group. (They like a miniseries approach, instead of a campaign.)

Last session, the group had just finished off a street gang encounter. They hadn't gotten much information from the lone survivor (mainly because he didn't know much), and decided to head back to the street doc's clinic to work on Plan B. Important Note: the clinic in question is very illegal, as it provides health care for Nulls, and all the players theoretically know this.

Eight PCs, split up between three vehicles. The former gladiator is driving by himself, and the player just found out that the numbers on the sheet mean he's got one of the fastest cars in the group. So, he decides he's going to drag-race everyone else back to the hidden clinic. None of the other drivers accept the challenge ... but as he's zipping through city streets at 100 MPH a cop car locks onto his tail. Fortunately, I'd already established that wi-fi is common and easier to hack than wired connections. The two deckers are able to get into the police communications network and give the cops something more important to do than pull over a speeder before Mr Gladiator guides them to the clinic entrance.

When the street doctor arrived and let everyone inside, he went straight to his office and came out with a large book.

Doc, to gladiator: Do you have your "reader" with you?
Gladiator: Yes
Doc: ::drops Oxford English Dictionary on table:: Jack it in and look up the word unobtrusive.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #482
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

MonkeyFist: "Snakeeyes!"
Me: "You have one die over there, we call that a 'two.'"

---

Stuck on an airplane that is failing to make any forward progress toward France. Pink was not granted permission by the French Government to fly into their airspace, hence she's on the plane.

Pilot: "We're flying into a 500 knot head wind. We're stationary."
Co-Pilot: "That's not possible; that's faster than a hurricane. It should rip our wings off."
Pink: "Would it help if I got out and pushed?"
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #483
Last Pawn

From last Sunday: PCs were up against a Colossus.

PC: So. I'm behind the thing, I'll Telegraphic All Out Determined a Flying Grapple.

GM: Ok, the leg is only -1, roll to hit.

PC: Nope. Not aiming for the leg.

GM: Oooh-kay...

PC: I Flying grapple the Colossus's junk!

We gave him the Rule of Cool on that one.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #484
smurf
Banned

Player: To recap, the Earth is going to be invaded by Kronin robots that will enslave the human race.
GM: That's about it.
Player: Better books some tickets to get off this dirt ball then...
GM: You are curious and this would make you wonder what is all behind this?
Player: I used to be a Kronin mercenary, what's the worse they can do to humanity, I could get a job helping the Kronins to enslave the human race.
GM: Yeah... that's the spirit, I think.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #485
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

LL is a woman, so keep that in mind:

JP: "Heading out, y'all."
Me: "JP, LL wants to do Five Guys next Wednesday."
JP: Surprised, disbelieving stare.
GB: Uncontrolled laughter.
Me: "Uh, the hambruger place, for dinner, I uh, um . . .."
JP: "I'm in."
RT: Wiping tears from his eyes, "that was borderline not okay."

(url included to show that I'm not making this place up!)
Old 10-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #486
Zorian

While playing a LARP several years ago toward the end of the school year several of us were having an IC conversation. Eventually it moved to the in-game explanation of where one character would be for the next 3 months. She had decided that ,since her character was a healer, the character would be helping out a cousin who was pregnant and having issues.
That turned into a IC conversation about pregnancy/childbirth etc among the various races present.

<One of the dwarven men> "Wait, how long are human pregnant?"
<Human all look at each other, discus> "About 9 months."
<ALL the Dwarf players' jaws fall open> <Male Dwarf> "Nine months!? Do they come out bald and stupid!?"
<Female Dwarf at same time> "I wish."
<Humans all look at each other> <original female Healer> "...wait how long do Dwarfs take?"
<Dwarfs all mutter together> <one dwarf who hasn't spoken yet> Don't look at me we didn't have many women in my village and I'm only 50 (barely out of puberty).
<older dwarf> "About 2 years."
<All humans especially females> "TWO YEARS!"

The conversation then turns into what human babies can do right out and what dwarf ones can. :)
Zorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #487
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Rene (6'1" character): "I've never been too good at singing, I don't have the lungs for it."
Pink (5'6" character; me player): "It's breathing all that rarified air up there."
GummiBear (6'4" person): *smacks me on the back of the head*
Old 11-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #488
BLloyd607502

Fantasy Wild West game in which the PC managed to aqquire 'God Guns', weapons of incredible power and ability.
We had several BBEGs over the course of the game, the most memorable of which was a high power bandit 'king' who had a God Gun of his own.
After beating him and his the first time, this little exchange took place, PC 1 was a bare knuckle boxer/large guy Rifle type, big and usually quite quiet, also very, very polite most of the time, we hadn't heard him cuss once in the entire game so far, he was also the son of a horse ranch owner and had a very nice horse that he was very close to, he'd raised him from a foal himself, PC2 was our Doc, PC3 was our boss, a female Ex-rancher, turned Sherrif.
PC2,3,4 and 5 were checking the bodies, PC1 was taking the prisioners from those left and tying them up.

PC2: Hey Boss...we're missin' a body.
PC3: Who?
PC2: The boss o' 'em; whats his face...Elijah, Elijah Stones.
PC3: Well where is h-
*GM has everyone make Hearing and Smarts checks, only PC1 passes, he suddenly stops what he's doing and runs outside, then:*
PC1: *From outside* Y' God Damn Ponchin', One eared, Yeller bellied, Shakin', 6 Toothe- *Sound of an entire clip of ammo being fired off* I'ma gunna rip y'r darn b*lls off an' bury 'em in the desert!
Everyone runs outside just in time to see the Bandit King riding off on PC1's horse.
Everyone: ...
PC1: Y'darned...Y' cotton pickin', wax chewin'...F*CKING HORSE THIEF!

We managed to get his horse back eventually after something like 8 sessions of him hunting for it, but from that moment on, no matter what else he did, no matter how horrific, vile or incredible. That guy was always known above all else for being a F*ckin' Horse Thief, and was constantly reffered to as such, even when we were talking to him.
BLloyd607502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:37 PM   #489
William

As well he should be. From GURPS Old West, quoting Judge Roy Bean:

Quote:
"Well, down here there is some men that need killin’, but there ain’t no horses that need stealin’.”
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #490
McNutcase

"I never thought I'd say this, but we could really use the Ewok right now." (that player had to leave early, so we parked his character babysitting an NPC...)
McNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny