Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 12-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
mejoshua886

Default Reindeer games booster rules clarification

Here are some questions I have about the booster pack:

1) If someone plays a santa monster to help another santa monster in combat, can you play "Holiday Police" to make that monster a nonsanta and to unable to join the combat?

2) What is the Reindeer mentioned in "Reindeer hat"?

3) Can you switch "Festivus Pole" bewtween 1 and 2 hand? If so, can you do it during combat?

4) "Snow Shoes" gives a plus 3 bonus to fire attacks. How specific is this? Can you make up a story of how the monster you are fighting can breath fire?

5)Flame attacks do double damage to "Christmas Tree". Do items such as flaming armor(munchkin core set) count for this even though it is not an "attack"?

6)Can you play tinsel normally and them equip it to an armor after you get one? Can you do this in combat?
mejoshua886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
Pookiebob

Default Re: Reindeer games booster rules clarification

5) Most cards say on it "it counts as a fire/flame attack." A card that is obviously intended to be on fire and has fire/flaming in the title, such as the flaming armor, also counts.

4) The intention of this card is that it adds a +3 bonus to your combat if you have something that counts as a fire/flame attack. You can't make up a story. You must have something that officially is a fire/flame attack.

Munchkin Overkill. >:)

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 12-17-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: junior mod filtered out
Pookiebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
tigersteed13

1 yes
2 It is just the flavor text on the card
3 You have to decide before combat what items you will be taking into the combat. You cant make the pole from 2 hands to 1 hand jduring combat if you go into combat with it as a 2 handed weapon then until combat is resolved it is a 2 handed weapon.
4 Any item you have that has fire or flame in its name or if the card says it counts as a flame attack count for snowshoes. When in doubt if the picture shows fire then you can argue that it is a fire/fmae attack.
5 yes any item you take into that combat that has fire or flame counts towards that fight with the christmas tree. wand of napalm may or may not count in my group we count it.
6 yes you can play tinsel for its bonus. As stated above you have to decide before combat what you are taking into the fight so if you dont equip tinsel before combat you cant add it to any armor you are wearing or cheating with until after combat is resolved.
tigersteed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejoshua886 View Post
1) If someone plays a santa monster to help another santa monster in combat, can you play "Holiday Police" to make that monster a nonsanta and to unable to join the combat?
I'm not totally sure what you're asking, so let me cover a few possibilities:

a) Can I play Holiday Police once a Santa monster has joined the fight to kick it out?
No. Once the monster is in the fight, it's in it.

b) Can I play Holiday Police on a Santa monster to prevent other Santa monsters from joining in?
Yes.

c) Can I play Holiday Police on a Santa monster someone else is trying to play to make it not a Santa monster?
No. You can only play it on a monster that's on the table.

Quote:
2) What is the Reindeer mentioned in "Reindeer hat"?
It's a monster from Munchkin Waiting for Santa. (Brief aside: Waiting for Santa is out of stock at our distributors, and we do not plan to reprint it in the next year or two, so you may want to snag it now at your FLGS if you haven't already.)

Quote:
3) Can you switch "Festivus Pole" bewtween 1 and 2 hand? If so, can you do it during combat?
You can switch it at any time on your turn when you are not in combat.

Quote:
4) "Snow Shoes" gives a plus 3 bonus to fire attacks. How specific is this? Can you make up a story of how the monster you are fighting can breath fire?
It gives a +3 to your fire attacks. Items that have fire/flame ability either say "Fire" or "Flaming" in the title or are explicit that they do fire/flame damage.

Quote:
5)Flame attacks do double damage to "Christmas Tree". Do items such as flaming armor(munchkin core set) count for this even though it is not an "attack"?
Anything you are currently using to fight a monster that has fire/flame abilities counts as a "flame attack," including the Flaming Armor (assuming you're wearing it).

Quote:
6)Can you play tinsel normally and them equip it to an armor after you get one? Can you do this in combat?
You can equip Tinsel with or without other Armor, and you can add Armor to it later, as long as you aren't in combat at that moment.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
RWBYWhistler138

Default Munchkin santa holiday police

Holiday police states that a monster becomes no longer a santa monster or vice versa. So if i come across a santa monster and someone else puts a santa monster with it. Am i able to turn it into a normal monster and would the added santa monster just go away. Or would i still have to deal with both?
RWBYWhistler138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Once a monster joins the fight, it stays in the fight unless a card specifically dismisses it.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reindeer games, rules clarification